Chapter 7

Oikawa waited outside on a bench for a while, though he wasn't waiting for anyone. When he felt ready he walked to a particular grave.

"Hey Sarah," he sat down, placing the flowers in front of him. "I have so much to tell you!" he smiled. Oikawa talked for while that night. A few hours later he got up before saying one last thing.

"Oh, you're never going to believe this. You won't believe how much Kuroo's fallen for this newbie we got. She doesn't really remind me of you but he totally looks at her the way I looked at you. She's a little slow to catch feelings but I can tell she has them. He's a total idiot with her though. I really hope he's careful. I don't want him to lose her like I lost you." He stood for a minute before placing a photo with a card down next to the flowers. The photo was eerily similar to the one of you and Kuroo he framed earlier. The card read:

It's been a long three years. I know you wanted me to move on. I'm trying. It's hard. No one makes me feel the way you did. I think for now I'll watch my friends. They remind me of us. I promise to visit more. I still love you so much.
- Tooru

"Good night, Sarah," he looked up at the stars before getting in his car. He leaned on the steering wheel and started crying. What started off as a few tears turned into sobs. The way Oikawa acted, no one would ever guess how he really felt. He wasn't a workplace flirt because of his personality. He was just desperately trying to move on.

Don't mess up Kuroo, he whispered to himself before wiping his tears and starting the car.

Back in the city you and Kuroo headed out for your date. You nervously fiddled with your hair as Kuroo parked his car.

"I'm not going to tell you to stop being nervous," he grabbed your hand. "Just remember I'm here."

"He's here. The silver car in front of the restaurant window."

"Let's go then," he squeezed your hand, unlocking the car doors. You immediately relocked them. "Y/N?"

"Kuroo," you said with staggered breaths. "I d-don't know what to do." He put a hand to your cheek.

"We're just putting on a show, right? Just like normal," he smiled. "You don't even have to pretend you don't like me now." You sighed, following him to the restaurant. The two of you walked to where a host stood behind a podium.

"Welcome Kuroo!" he greeted. "It's been a while. I was surprised when you called."

"I finally found someone special enough to bring," he wrapped his arm around your waist. "Look how gorgeous she is." You suddenly felt fluttering in your stomach.

"She definitely is," Sakuta replied. "Let me take you to your table. By the window, right?" Kuroo nodded. The two of you sat down and looked at the menu.

"Y/N," Kuroo said, staring at his menu. "Why are you nervous? I thought you didn't like me."

"I don't," you made a poor attempt at a lie. Kuroo lightly kicked your leg under the table.

"I'm not just using this as an excuse for a date you know," he muttered. "But since we agreed on this plan you might as well enjoy dinner on me." You let out a deep sigh and started to play along.

Somewhere along the line you lost your nervousness and started smiling with him. You realized weren't faking anything. Kuroo paid the bill and the two of you walked out.

"He's still here," you whispered.

"Seriously?" Kuroo pulled you closer to face him. He traced your lip with his thumb. "If he's watching," he asked, eyeing your lips, "can I?"

You nodded and wrapped your arms around his neck. It was now or never. You two were about to kiss when someone interrupted.

"Hey, Y/N!" It was your ex. You turned around, falling back against Kuroo. "Who's this?" You couldn't answer; you were frozen.

"Her boyfriend," Kuroo spoke.

"Boyfriend? I hate to break it to you but she's still in love with me," your ex said, wrapping his arm around yours. Kuroo pushed him away.

"Stay away from her."

"Why? How does she even know you? I guarantee she doesn't like you," he scoffed.

"I'm her boss and that's not for you to say," Kuroo said calmly.

"Boss? What are you Y/N, the office slut?" Kuroo let go of you and walked towards him.

"If you're trying to provoke me it won't work," Kuroo said. "All I have to say is get your life together. You shouldn't have so much free time that you can spend all day stalking a woman who wants nothing to do with you. Especially when she has a restraining order."

"You think I care about that? What are the cops gonna do, find out I broke it? You can't prove anything," he spit on Kuroo shoes. Kuroo sighed.

"If you say so. Oh, and don't call Y/N that ever again. Learn how to treat a woman for god's sake," Kuroo said in his face. Your ex walked back to his car.

"I'll do whatever I want."

"We'll see about that," Kuroo turned around to find you but you were gone. He panicked for a moment before Sakuta popped out of a nearby alley.

"All on video sir, just like you asked," he handed Kuroo his phone.

"Thank you. Do you know wh—"

"Next alley over. Go get her, sir."