Chapter 9

"So she's safe now?" Kira asked, talking about you.

"Yeah. The cops will get him for violating the restraining order," Kuroo said, pouring himself another glass of wine.

"I'm proud of you for doing the right thing, but was the date really necessary?"

"Kira," Kuroo paused. "I'm in love with her."

"You're what?!" his sister shrieked, taking the wine glass away from him. "You're too drunk for this. You've known her for what? A month?" Kira continued. "Poor girl probably feels so overwhelmed. Her first month on the job and her player of a boss claims he's in love with her."

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" Kuroo asked, ignoring what she said.

"It's every girl's dream."

"She's my love at first sight. I'm telling you she's different."

Kira sighed. "I don't think that actually exists but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just don't overwhelm her."

"Alright big sis," Kuroo yawned, getting up. "You can talk to her in the morning."

"Sounds good. Night," Kira said as Kuroo started walking up the stairs.

"Oh, one last thing," he asked, rubbing his head. "Do you have those makeup wipes from the blue packet girls use? Y/N fell asleep before she could take hers off."

"My little brother is such a gentleman," Kira laughed. "Go take care of your princess. I'll leave them outside your door."

You woke up late the next morning in Kuroo's bed. You scratched your head, looking at a set of neatly folded clothes with a note on top. Smallest pants and sweatshirt I could find, it read. You could tell they were still a few sizes too big but you smiled at the gesture. You showered and changed into the clothes, wrapping a hair-tie along the top of the pants so they wouldn't fall. You walked downstairs to the kitchen, stopping when you saw cartoons playing on the TV.

"I didn't know you were into that stuff, Kuroo," you teased, looking to the living room.

"Into what?" he replied from the kitchen. You jumped, not expecting him there. "Morning. Eggs or waffles?"

"Waffles," you yawned. "Why were y—"

"Uncle Kuroo is this the princess?" a young boy asked, tugging at your sweatshirt. You put your hand over your mouth. Kuroo nodded.

"She doesn't look like one. Her hair's so messy," the boy said, running back to the living room.

"What is going on?" you asked Kuroo. He handed you a coffee mug and explained the situation.

"Basically we're on babysitting duty for the next week," he said.

"We?"

"Is there a problem? I thought you wanted to get to know me better. I'm saying those kids have no filter," he pointed to his nieces and nephews watching cartoons.

"Yeah I know. That one said I wasn't pretty enough to be a princess," you rolled your eyes.

"I don't know what he's talking about," Kuroo scoffed, trapping you in between him and the counter. "You look just like one to me." He leaned in before you gave him a slap on the face.

"There are kids right there," you eyed the living room.

"And?" he said. You sighed, slipping out from between him. "You know what you told me last night?"

"What? I actually can't remember anything after dinner."

"Never mind," he frowned. The two of you stood behind the kitchen counter watching cartoons and listening to the kids arguing. You leaned your head on his shoulder, breaking the silence.

"Kuroo?"

"Hmm."

"Last night...we didn't..." He shook his head.

"I took the couch. If we did you'd never forget. I'm just that good," he said proudly.

"I'll find out, eventually," you took your plate to the sink. Kuroo had a wicked grin.

"Tonight?" You kicked his leg. "Ow! Sorry!"

"But seriously. If it's a full house I'll take the couch. It's your room after all. Or just sleep with me. The bed's huge anyways." Kuroo opened his mouth to speak. "Not that kind of sleeping. There's a full house." He frowned.

"What do you mean 'not that kind of sleeping?'" a little girl tugged on your pants.

"Kisa have this," Kuroo quickly handed her a piece of candy to change the subject. You let out a sigh.

"Will you do my hair for me?" she handed you some clips and a hairbrush as she ate the candy.

"I want the princess to do mine too!" another girl asked. They had to be twins. You and Kuroo each lifted one up and placed them on the kitchen counter. You looked at Kuroo, eyes pleading for help.

"Uh-uh. They asked for the princess herself," he walked off with a smirk on his face.

"Wait! Are you and uncle like mom and dad?"

"No," you nervously smiled. "You should call me Y/N. I'm no princess."

"But if uncle says you're the princess then you're the princess," she whined. You started brushing her hair. This was going to be a long week.