Chapter 30

"Where are you going?" Oikawa asked as you gathered your things.

"I'm your boss now so stop asking me questions," you teased. Your promotion was pretty hefty and you were already enjoying using this line.

"Guessing you're going out with Kuroo?"

"What? How did you—never mind," you sighed, heading to the lobby.

"Ready to go?" Kuroo asked, surprising you from behind.

"Oh, yeah sure," you smiled, noticing the same girl from earlier had just walked out of the elevator with him.

"Something bothering you?" You shook your head as he held his hand out for you to grab.

You two spent the rest of the night cheering for Bokuto at his game. You always did go a little overboard with the cheering, but his team won so at least you didn't look that stupid.

"I forgot how cute you look when you get all excited," Kuroo stretched his arms out as you walked out of the stadium. It was dark and windy outside, completely different weather than earlier. "Take this," he took his jacket off and wrapped it around you, putting the hood on.

"Huh?" you looked up, confused. "I'm not that cold."

"It's gonna rain any minute now," he said. You felt a raindrop on your fingertip a few seconds later.

"I forgot how good you were at that. Wait, if it's raining can we—"

"Yeah, we can stay outside a bit," he finished your sentence.

You skipped in front of him as it continued to drizzle. Rain and thunderstorms were your favorite, though he hated it.

"Y/N, let's go inside somewhere," he said after a few minutes. "We're gonna catch colds," he sniffled. His nose and cheeks turned red in the cold rain.

"My hotel's around the corner. What do you say?"

"Let's go," he rubbed your cheek with one hand, making your heart skip a beat.

You reached your hotel room and each took a shower. You had clothes to change into but the best you could do for Kuroo was give him the hotel robe from the closet.

"Sorry I don't have any clothes for you. It'll be an hour or two before yours dry."

"No worries," he relaxed on your bed, resting his hands behind his head. "Just means we get to spend more time together."

You sat on the edge of the bed. Kuroo patted the area beside him.

"Are you sure?" you asked nervously.

"Just come here," he let his hand out, pulling you beside him so your head rested on his shoulder. You tried pulling away—you felt too close—but he put his hand around your waist and tightened his grip.

"What are you doing?" you whispered as he ran his fingers through your wet hair. He didn't say anything for a long time.

"Nothing. I'm just happy to see you're doing better. I'm really sorry Y/N, you deserved so much better."

You sighed. He normally read you like an open book, but this time he couldn't be more wrong.

You didn't say anything though, you were too busy enjoying the feeling of being in his arms again.

"Anyway, meet anyone nice in Hong Kong?" You could feel his heartbeat faster as he asked the question.

"Not really."