Chapter 14

A week had passed since Christmas Eve and you'd barely spoken to Kuroo since. You were starting to get restless thinking about what to do next. You had a New Years party later tonight so you were busy dress shopping online at work.

"I like that one," a voice startled you. You turned around and saw Oikawa pointing a finger at a one-shoulder black dress.

"You scared me!" you let out a sigh.

"Sorry," he smiled. "So, wanna talk? You know, about Kuroo." You stayed silent before speaking.

"Actually, could you give me some advice?" He nodded. "Did I go too far?"

"Huh?"

"It's been a week and we've have barely talked. It's all my fault. I'm the one who told him to leave me alone even after he apologized," you rested your chin in your palm.

"Do you still want to be with him?"

"Obviously, but I'm totally screwing things up. I'm not usually like this. I'm a rational person, right?"

"Yes, but..." Oikawa's voice trailed, "you're in love. Love makes you do crazy things."

"You think so?"

"We can all tell. I think you're the only one who doesn't realize."

"I'm just scared. I keep asking for more time because I don't want to get hurt. I didn't want to fall in love with Kuroo. He was cocky, annoying, and full of himself at first. He still is, but then I got to know him more and I couldn't help it."

"I think you're telling the wrong person this," he replied. "All relationships take work, but as long as you love each other things will work out. You should try to talk things out instead of running away. Remember he loves you too."

"This is so silly. It's feels like middle school where your friends solve your relationship problems all over again," you laughed, surprising Oikawa.

"It's because you're both so dumb," he teased. "I thought Kuroo was bad but look at you." You lightly jabbed his shoulder. "Ow! I was joking," he whined, grabbing his arm.

"Didn't sound like you were."

"So, are you getting that dress?" he changed the subject. "The one I like."

"Yeah. I have to meet up with this seller to buy it though, it's sold out everywhere else."

"You'd better get going before it gets dark. Stay safe and remember my advice."

"Thanks, Oikawa," you smiled at him and got your stuff together.

A week had passed, and you finally decided to go talk to Kuroo now that you knew what to say him.

You passed his office on the way out, pausing before knocking on his door.

"Come in."

"Busy?" you asked.

"Oh," he looked up, recognizing your voice and putting his work down. "Not at all, what's up?"

You closed the door behind you and began to ramble before Kuroo was even ready. Kuroo gradually understood why you acted the way you did, and making up felt much easier than you'd imagined it to be.

You both agreed to keep your relationship at work secret, but casual outside the office. If rumors spread, they would spread. But Kuroo promised he wouldn't let anyone tarnish your name.

You both could still use massive help when it came to relationships, but for now you'd figured out how to make up. It was a good start.

"How late will you be here?" you asked hesitantly as you heard his phone ring. Kuroo was still on the job and really shouldn't have been wasting time listening to you and staring into your pretty eyes.

"I have a meeting in a bit but I'll be out by 7. Why?" he replied, ignoring his call.

"I just wanted to ask if you had any—"

"New Years plans?" he finished your sentence. "Does that mean I'm forgiven?"

You grabbed his hand and he slowly leaned in, hovering your lips over his. "I think so," you muttered, pulling back just as you were about to kiss. "Actually, why don't we wait till midnight?"

"You're such a tease," he sighed.

"I'm learning from you."

"Well then," he smiled. "Dress nice and be ready by 10. I'll come pick you up."

"We're going out?"

"Mhm," he smirked. "I can't wait to show you off."