Chapter 25

"Here," you handed Oikawa his keys, taking a seat at the bar. It was busy but you didn't recognize anyone else there.

"Thanks! Tell Kuroo I said hi," he smiled, taking them from you.

"I'll do that. Say, do you know what room is Akaashi staying in? I need to ask him something."

"Akaashi? I forget but his room's near mine. I could take you."

"Could you?"

"Yeah, c'mon," he took your hand and walked to the elevator. He turned to look at you once the doors shut. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"Your hands are shaking and your eyes are puffy," he yawned, pressing the emergency stop button on the elevator. "I have time."

You swatted his hand away, making the elevator start up again.

"Just stop being nosy and take me where I asked," you mumbled, pushing him away. "Please."

He stared with wide eyes as the elevator doors opened.

"O-okay," he whispered. "I'm sorry." You followed him out the elevator to the end of the hallway. "Here it is," he stopped in front of a door and turned around to face you. "Look Y/N. I don't know what's going on but don't do anything stupid, okay?"

You walked around him and pressed the visitor bell, ignoring him as he walked away. "I'll do what I want," you said, hearing him sigh.

One door closed and another opened. Akaashi stood in front of you in the middle of unbuttoning his shirt. "Oh, Y/N. What's up?" he moved out of the way, letting you in.

"Why didn't you tell me?" you walked past him, making sure his room was empty.

"Tell you what?"

"Stop playing dumb."

"Woah," he grabbed your hand. "I really don't know what's going on."

"You don't? He didn't tell you? He didn't tell you..." you repeated quietly in disbelief. "Y-you don't know?"

"Y/N, sit down," he eyed the bed. "Calm down and tell me what's going on."

"You don't know," you said again, sitting on the edge of his bed as he kneeled in front of you.

"I don't. Tell me." You were silent for what felt like hours before speaking.

"He knows."

"Who? Kuroo? He figured it out?"

"No. He always knew. He knew before he even met me," you buried your face in your hands. "None of it was real." You held back sobs.

"All this time? Did he say that?"

You nodded. Though Kuroo never actually said that, but you'd come to believe it yourself.

"Don't leave yet, you could use this," he pulled you into a hug, rubbing your back. You stayed like that for a while—it felt nice to be held by someone who was honest to you.

"C-could you make me forget?" you whispered, looking up at him. "I don't want to remember. I want to forget everything about him."

"You don't mean," he muttered as his lips hovered over yours, "this?"

"Please," you pleaded. He took your chin in his hand.

"I'm sorry," he slowly pulled away. "I can't."

"What do you mean you can't!" you cried. "You're the one who—"

"I can't because I refuse to believe he doesn't still love you. This isn't the way to feel better." He then lowered his voice. "I can't let you do something you'll regret tomorrow. Even if I might want to."