Chapter 22

"So are you prepared for the wedding?" Oikawa asked as he walked in the copy room later that day. You jumped, not expecting him.

"Wedding?" you asked, confused.

"Your boyfriend's sister is getting married. Well, remarried. The oldest one."

"Shoot, yeah," you remembered. "When is it again?"

"This weekend."

"What?" you sighed. "He always does this. Reminding me of things last minute."

"Didn't he tell us weeks ago?"

"Yeah but I can't remember that," you groaned. "I don't have a nice dress, I don't know how to get on his parents good side, I don't know what gift to get. It's all so stressful."

"He definitely leaves things for the last minute because you worry too much otherwise," Oikawa laughed. "What's scary about Kuroo's family? Haven't you met them all by now?"

"Just his siblings, not his parents."

"How? It's been two years. Anaka met my parents months ago."

"You guys are different. I still can't believe that worked out, by the way."

"I, for one, don't know what you're scared of," Oikawa shrugged. "You really don't have any flaws, unless you're a double spy from those movies or something. Even if you were, Kuroo never really cared about his parents' opinions."

"It would just be awkward if they didn't like me."

"Who cares? I hear the rest of the family likes you a lot. That's good. You'll be fine Y/N," Oikawa said as he walked out. Neither of you knew Kuroo happened to be passing by during your conversation.

"My office. Five minutes," Kuroo said passing by your desk later that day. It was close to dinner time and people were starting to leave the office. You figured you and him would too.

"Ready to go?" you asked, propping open his office door five minutes later.

"Lock it. And close the blinds."

"Now?" you did as he said. "Why not just wait until we get home?"

"Just come here," he pointed his finger at you and then him.

You sighed, walking over to him. He dragged you down to sit on his lap, curling a piece of your hair.

"Tell me something..." his voice trailed.

"Hmm?"

"You've really been scared to meet my parents all this time?" You covered your mouth with your hand.

"Y-you heard? Earlier?"

"I was passing by," he said as if he wasn't purposely eavesdropping. "But like Oikawa said, there's nothing to be scared of. There's no reason they wouldn't love you," he kissed your cheek.

There's no reason why they wouldn't love you. That phrase lingered in your mind for a while. For now, that was true.

But your secret alone was reason enough for Kuroo to leave you, and you couldn't even blame him.

It was never supposed to get this far—moving in, expensive gifts, meeting his parents—but it did. You could only see it through to the end and hope everyone would accept the truth when it came out.

"You're right, I'm sorry," you rested your chin on his shoulder. "I worry too much."

"Don't be. We're all like that, in a way. You don't have to worry with me though," he slowly leaned in, pressing his lips to yours.

He snaked his arm under your shirt, unhooking your bra.

"Home is 30 minutes away baby," you whimpered as he laid kisses down your neck. "You're always so impatient."

"You never seem to mind," he smirked. "Just a quickie," he pleaded as you gave in.

Half an hour later you finished putting your clothes back on and fixing your hair. "Here," Kuroo tossed you your keys, fixing his tie and opening the blinds. "Take me to the mall."

"Mall? Are we not going home?"

"I feel like eating out today. Plus, we have to get a nice dress for you for the wedding, don't we?"

"Oh, I almost forgot! I'm guessing you want to match or what?" you asked him as you opened the door and walked towards the elevator.

"I mean, yeah," he said sadly. "Do you not want to or something?"

"No no no! It's cute. But let's make it subtle," you lowered your voice noticing there were two girls on the elevator.

"Floor?" one of them asked, clearly irritated.

"P-1," Kuroo replied, dragging you to the back of the elevator.

"What color do you wanna do?" you asked quietly. "Oh wait. I already know—"

"Red. It's your color. Mine too, but I look good in anything," he teased. You lightly jabbed him in the arm. "Ow! You know I'm joking!" he whined. You rolled your eyes at him as the two girls got off the elevator.

"That didn't bother you?" he turned to look at you once they were off.

"What didn't?"

"Those two girls were totally making faces at you. You didn't notice?"

"I did. I just don't care anymore. There's nothing I can do about it," you slouched a bit.

"I'm sorry about that," he rubbed your cheek. "I can't help being this good looking."

"You and your ego today!" you gently pushed him away, getting off the elevator and walking to your car.

That was the thing about Kuroo. He always knew how to take your mind off things and make you happy.