Ten

We walk through the halls of the District, people are staring and I stare right back. Most avert their gaze then.

We reach a room that Finnick tells me is the command centre. I enter without knocking.

"You are not released from the hospital", someone speaks up.

"I don't care. Who here is President Coin?"

A grey-haired, silver-eyed woman raises her head higher and I immediately dislike her.

"That would be me. We are happy to have you here Miss Moreno."

"I want to go visit my District."

"No."
"Yes."

She shakes her head.

"There are people there that need me. My people. And you need all of Panem by your side right? That includes my District. My People. You have no grasp on them yet. But with me there. These people know me. Trust me. Send me there. Or I will walk."

"You are not healed enough."
"I make that decision. I am ready for that. I am probably the best fighter here. Ask Boggs."

The President looks at her second in command.

"She did kill a peacekeeper with her bare hands after a bomb went off and her back was still whipped open."

I smile in victory.

"See. I am going."

She stares at me.

"Sweetie, I won a staring contest with President Snow, I will win it with you."

Her eyes narrow.

"Very well. I will send a small squad with you. There will be cameras to film and if you die, that will be shown too."

"Even better."

"Tomorrow. We have things to deal with in Two, so don't waste too much of our time."

"The people of Nine are not a waste of time", I spit out.

"I never said that."

"You implied it."

"You are excused."

I chuckle. "Is there any food here? I haven't eaten properly in weeks."

"Lunch is soon. Your fiance can show you."

I turn and leave, Finnick taking a hold of my hand.

"You don't like her."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Honestly, it is a gut feeling. She carries herself the same way Snow does."

My fiance raises his eyebrows.

"You think she doesn't really support the rebellion?"

"No. She does, but....we will see."

"I am just glad to have you back", he says and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I am too."

"This might sound stupid, but...do you still want to get married?"

"What? Of course, I do."

"Do you want to do it here? Want to do it now? Because when this war is over and we lose, all is lost, but if we win, there is so much work to do."

"I...Yes. Yes, let's do it", I smile and he lifts me up, carefully to not hurt me and I squeak, the people around us looking at us.

"I am gonna get married", Finnick calls out and the people around us give us smiles.