Four

The next day they don't strap me to a chair, they put me in a box. There are tubes connected to it and my arms are held above my head.

"Miss Moreno, my name is Dr Abendale. I will oversee your treatment."
"You mean my torture?", I scoff.

"We will ask you a series of questions. Each question you do not answer will cause oxygen to be sucked out of the box."
And so it goes.

Of course, I can't answer any of the questions, so slowly it gets harder and harder to breathe. I breathe faster to make up for the lack of oxygen in my lungs, but it is nothing there, so I just close my eyes.

I lay in bed with Finnick, glancing up at him.

He grumbles as I move slightly, then opens his eyes

"Good Morning sleepy head. And Happy Birthday", I smile and press my lips to his.

"I just love waking up like this", he grins and I chuckle.

"You say that every time"

"Because it is true"

"Well darling, I got you a little something", I say and reach behind me grabbing the box that sat underneath the bed.

It is wrapped in ocean-blue paper which he rips open without a thought.

Inside are a painting and a picture made from pressed flowers.

"The flowers are from 9. That way you have a part of my home at your home."

"It is perfect."
"I hoped so", I giggled and he set the things down on the nightstand.

"You know, there is only one more thing to make this morning even more perfect."

"Oh, I already ordered chocolate pancakes", I grin.

"Well, I meant this", he chuckles, kissing me ferociously and then pulls away, "but Pancakes are great too."

"Hey, hey. Come back here", I pout and pull him back on top of me, both of us smiling like idiots.

My eyes flutter open and I am still strapped inside the box.

The procedure is done three times over and every time I just close my eyes and think of Finnick. How we met at the beach and how we danced at a club.

I get sent back, just to be picked up the next day and have it done again. And again.

We are at one of the botanic gardens of the Capitol and I drag Finnick along, explaining every flower to him, making sketches and grinning.

"This is blue lobenia. It is good against fevers and coughs. Even though it is a little more nondescript."
Finnick smiles.

"Well, you are my new official doctor."

"I am not that good."
"But a little good?"

"Maybe", I say sheepishly.

"See. Now there is the labyrinth, I took an hour to get out the first time"

"Well now you've got me", I say.

"That I do", he smiles and pulls me close, planting a quick kiss on my lips.

"And I will never let you go again"

I caress his cheek.

"I adore you."

"I adore you too."