Chapter 50

"Can you zip me up?"  Kaylee asked as we were getting ready.  Tonight, was our Senior Prom.

It has been a week since we had bought our dresses.  Sarah had started back to our school this past week.  Ayden dropped her off and picked her up every day.  I hadn't seen it myself, but Kaylee had.  She said Jesse hadn't been going to their house anymore.  Jesse would not tell Kaylee what had happened between all of them.  Jesse had become way more closed off than usual.  We had no clue if he would be there tonight or not.  I knew if Ayden was then Aubree would too. When your father is the president of the school board, I guess you can attend high school functions even if you have already graduated.

"Girls, your dates are here."  Mom said poking her head through my bedroom door.  "I can't believe this is your last prom.  You look absolutely beautiful."  Mom choked as she hugged me.

"Thanks, Mom."

"Kaylee, that is your color for sure.  You are absolutely stunning."  Mom hugged her.

"Thanks, Mrs. D."  She said hugging my mom.

"Could you tell them that we are almost ready?"  I asked mom. 

I was wearing a floor-length sequin gown with a deep v-neckline and caged back.  It had a high side slit.  The dress fit like a second skin, contouring my curves.  At first glance it was a rose color but changed to mocha with a slight movement.  The straps holding it up were almost nonexistent.  

Kaylee was wearing a royal blue ball-gown with a modest v-neckline, highlighted by shimmering beads, with a voluminous skirt.  She looked like a fairytale princess headed to a ball to meet her prince charming.

The way Brayden's mouth dropped open as I came down the stairs, reminded me of his feeling for me.  I wished I could return those feelings.  Things with Brayden were just easy.

The limo dad had rented for us had just pulled up.

"Line up in front of the limo."  Dad ordered as he focused his camera.  "Alright boys, keep your hands where I can see them."  He joked as he snapped pictures of us.

"We are going to be late, dad."  I said after he took pictures for almost twenty minutes.

"Okay, okay.  Have a great night."  Dad said putting down his camera.

"Thanks for everything."  I said as I hugged him and mom before getting into the limo with my friends.

                       ******************************************************

"We are here."  Jonah said as he slid out of the limo.  He helped Kaylee out.

"Are you ready?"  Brayden asked as he held out his hand to help me out of the car.

We posed outside of the building as a photographer took our picture before entering.  Once inside, my heart began to race as I looked around the venue for any sign of Ayden.  I began to relax when there was no sign of him.  We walked around taking selfies in front of the different displays they had set up.

"We should go find a table."  Kaylee suggested.

"Any request?"  Jonah asked before choosing one.

"One close to an exit?" Brayden suggested as if he was reading my mind.  "You know, just in case."  I smiled, as a silent thank-you.

"You did an amazing job on the Eiffel Tower.  This place looks just like every picture I've ever seen of Paris."  I said to Kaylee.  She was head of the prom committee and went all out for our prom.