Chapter 13

The girls and I decided to go camping at the lake this weekend.  Kaylee and I had the next four days off from school. There is supposed to be a big party tonight on the other side of the beach.  Our camp is going to be away from the party in case it becomes too much.  The guys have all been busy this week and haven't been hanging out with us.  Ayden has avoided me since the day we went to see a movie.  Ayden was such a player.  Aubree and Kaylee have been in a bad mood about their guy's absence.  They won't say anything but snide remarks.  They said it was a girl's weekend and the boys weren't invited.  

"You have to get that one!"  Kaylee said as I held up a black bikini.  "It matches your tan perfectly."  It was just your standard bikini that tied on the sides of the bottoms.  The top tied around the neck and back.  The edges of the fabric were lined with bling.

"You have to get this one, too!"  Aubree said holding up a white one.  The top was strapless with a built-in bra for support.  I loved this idea since I was a little heavy in the chest area.

"I really like this one."  I said as Aubree handed it to me.  I held up two more asking for their advice.  "Red or neon blue?" 

"Both!"  They said in unison.  We were planning on a three-day camping trip so it wouldn't hurt to have a spare.

"Mom!  We're back!"  I hollered as we walked through the front door.  It became a habit after the first time I caught mom, with her boyfriend at the time, fixing to get it on.  He skipped out of there so fast that "Skip" became the name I used for all of her boyfriends.

"Come here! I got you something!"  My mom sang from the kitchen.  We all went to the kitchen.  "How did shopping go?"  Mom asked hugging me.

"It was fun.  I got some cute bikinis.  What's all that?"  I asked pointing to the three coolers in the floor.

"This one is all of your camping foods.  This one has all your snacks.  This one is empty so you can fill it with anything you want out of the fridge."  She winked at me opening the fridge showing me my favorite drinks. She wouldn't actually give them to me, but if they came up missing, I wouldn't be in trouble.  "I want all of you girls to paint your nails with this."  She said holding up a bottle of hot pink nail polish.

"Okay?"  I questioned.

"If you sit your drink down, you place a painted fingernail into your drink.  If it stays pink, it's safe to drink.  If the color changes to black, your drink has been spiked."  She said giving me a sad smile.

"Thanks, mom."  I said hugging her.

"And now for the end of your gifts."  She said pushing something from behind the counter.  "I know you said a small one, but I got this one so you could hide all of your food and stuff in the extra room."  She had gotten me a two-room instant tent. She had thought of everything. "And this because boys are stupid and are never prepared.  This is for all three of you lovely ladies."  She said handing me a big box of condoms.

"Mom."  I said fighting embarrassment.

"You are the best, Ms. Dover!"  The girls squealed hugging her.

"No problem."  Mom smiled.  "You better get the car loaded before it gets much later."  She said pushing us toward the stairs.

**********************************************************

"This looks like the perfect spot to get some sun." Kaylee said as she flipped her towel on the sand. Aubree and I copied her movements. We slipped off our cover ups ready to lay on our towels in the hot sun.