Chapter 7

School was flying by.  I had become very close with Aubree, Kaylee and Brayden.  They snuck into my heart without me even realizing it.  I had never met anyone like them.  The thing is, I didn't realize what I had been missing when I kept everyone shut out.  This group of people had accepted me into their group with no questions and treated me like we had been friends all our lives.  I knew this was a bad idea because we could move at any time.  I decided to enjoy their friendship, I just have to deal with moving when the time came.

Tonight, we all decided to go play put-put golf. After digging through my closet for an hour, I decided to wear my short destressed denim shorts, with the long pockets that hang out past the end of the hem. A white v neck tee, tied at my navel. I matched it with my light pink converse, and a messy pony tail. I did light make up with a couple extra coats of mascara. I made it down stairs just in time to hear a knock at the door.

I opened the door to find the sexy Ayden leaned against the door frame. His muscular arms crossed at his chest. He was wearing a dark pair of jeans, a white tee that hugged his massive arms and chest. I drooled at the the thought of what he would look like without his shirt. His eyes met mine as soon as I opened the door.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take you to play miniature golf like I promised." His full smile meeting his eyes.

"Come in, let me get my stuff." I said motioning for him to follow me inside. He followed closing the door behind him. "Where's everyone else?" I asked as I started collecting my things, worried he thought this was a date.

"Aubree and Jesse are in the truck.  Brayden, Kaylee, and Jonah are meeting us there." He said slipping his hands into his pockets. I felt his eyes roaming my body. I tucked my money and house key into my pocket and unplugged my phone off the charger on the counter.

"Mom! I'm leaving!" I shouted.

"Have fun, honey." Mom said walking into the living room. "Who's your friend?" She smirked.

"This is Ayden, Aubree's brother. We're all going to play miniature golf." I said trying to let her know it wasn't a date.

"Well, isn't he handsome. I won't worry so much about my daughter, you look like you could protect her. Just be careful she doesn't hurt you. She is pretty accident prone." She whispered the last part, causing me to turn bright red.

"Yeah, I know first hand how that goes." He answered flashing me a smile, touching his lightly bruised cheek. "Don't worry, I would never let anything happen to Mak." He said his eyes felt like they were burning a hole through me.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, but I have to get to the airport."

"The pleasure is all mine." Ayden flashed my mom his best smile.

"OOOO! And he's a sweet talker. Mak, you better snatch this one up!" She said kissing my cheek.

"Mom! Could you be anymore embarrassing?" I huffed.

"What? Someone had to say it. I'll see you in six days. Don't forget to lock up. I love you!" She said running out of the house.

"Love you!" I shouted before she slammed the door. "I'm sorry about that. She is known for being a little dramatic."

"I thought it was fun." He was trying not to laugh at my embarrassment. "You're cute when you blush."

"You ass!" I said slapping his chest causing him to giggle. He caught my hand against his chest and held it there. Our eyes locked. The kiss flashed through my mind as he looked at my lips while using his tongue to moisten his.