Only One Way Out - No Real Ship

(this is something i had to write for my english class (more details about that in the ending authors note))

The moment he opens his eyes the only thoughts passing throughhimhead are of the bright lights shining down on her, blinding and exigent. As the room comes into focus it becomes increasingly clear that this is not a place he has been before, walls painted a concrete gray, and everything else looking as though frozen in time; a book helf lines the wall opposite to her, paintings and photographs covering the rest. There are several small pieces of furniture in the room, he is lying on the floor but there is a bed tohimleft; a desk tohimright, on one side of the door; along with a small set of tables and chairs on the other. Upon further inspection he notices two things, the first, everything has a thin layer of dust, the second, there are three other people in the room, another woman on the bed, still asleep; a man slumped over in the desk chair with his head resting on the dusty surface, also still asleep; and the third person, the only other one awake, leaning on the table while sitting in one of the chairs, seemingly deep in thought, with a distressed look on their face.

It is only now that the thought of being nervous occurs to her, still in a foreign environment he does the only thing he can think of and sits up, turning towards the other person, "Excuse me, I have no idea what's going on, do you know where we are?" he said trying and failing to keep the panic out ofhimvoice.

It is only now that the other person seemed to notice her, turning their head and making eye contact, "No, I was hoping one of you would, I woke up here too not long before you did. I took a look around, the door is locked; I tried to wake you guys up but it didn't work."

After letting that sink in he could feel him panic increasing, "Well, that's probably not good, right?" he lets out a nervous chuckle, standing up and walking towards the door to test it himself, "Yup, definitely locked."

"Here you should sit down. I'm Suga by the way, figured we should know each other's names since we have no idea where we are and could be in here for a while."

"Yeah, good point, I'm Iwaizumi." as he sits in the chairhimmind seems to speed up and slow down all at once, "So, how long did it take for me to wake up?"

"Maybe a half an hour, I don't really know, but we can wait for the other two to wake up and see what they know. I don't have any memory of how we got here, and no idea how to get out." and so they sat in silence, each a little too terrified to carry on small talk.

Eventually the man woke up and then the woman, after having almost the same conversation two more times they found out a few things: none of them know how they got there; the door is definitely locked, they have tested it a total of four times now; and the other two are named Daichi and Oikawa.

After the shock wears off everyone realizes they have to find a way out of here, "Okay," Oikawa begins, "what if we try breaking down the door? We have no idea what's on the other side, but we may as well try."

"I don't think we could," Daichi said, walking towards the door and knocking on it, "it sounds really sturdy, and really thick. But, there is a keyhole, maybe we can find something that fits." he finished.

"I don't know, who would be stupid enough to lock four people in a room and just leave the key with them?" Oikawa said, sounding irritated.

"Well no one would be stupid enough to use a door people can just bust through!" They begin to bicker, words getting harder as they go. Eventually all productivity has melted away and the conversation reduces to petty insults. Iwaizumi could feel the tension building and tried to sink into himself, disappearing inhimchair.