ONE

The town of Mystic Falls had always been quiet, that was the only way Adeline Andrews knew the town to be, but recently that changed. She found out a few weeks ago that her best friend Elena's boyfriend, the one they thought was new to town was in fact not new, he was returning to the place he called home over 80 years ago. Stefan Salvatore was many things, friend, brother, boyfriend but most importantly, vampire.

It felt like life as she knew it had been flipped upside down and nothing was the same. She was dealing with her new reality, trying her best to cope and pick up the pieces of what seemed like a scattered life. Caroline Forbes, one of her best friends was a newly transitioned vampire; Bonnie Bennett, one of her most trusted friends was a witch and Elena was being hunted by an evil Original Vampire. The group of friends were still trying to piece together the parts about what he wanted with her, but they were simply waiting, like sitting ducks. They knew eventually he would show his face, he would come for her.

Klaus

It was a name she had been hearing over and over for the past week. Where is Klaus? How do we stop Klaus? Can Klaus be killed? The last question was answered when Damon daggered Elijah, and he was presumed dead, but then showed up to town alive and well. The originals were indestructible and judging by the rumors swirling around about Klaus, they were ruthless and pure evil.

Adeline pulled herself out of bed, preparing herself for another day of supernatural plotting and scheming. She ran a brush through her hair, pulling out every tangle that plagued through her long blonde locks. Her skin was a beautiful olive tone, no matter what time of year it was Adeline always appeared somewhat tan. That was something she got from her Mother. There was a lot of Adeline got from her mother, people around town always reminded her how she was the spitting image of the beautiful and universally liked Jessica Andrews.

Before walking out of her room, Adeline clutched the photo frame on the edge of her nightstand in her hand, running her fingers along the image. It had been two years since her mother passed from Cancer. It was just her and her father now, the house felt different, it felt empty.

"I love you mom." She whispered, placing the photo back in its rightful place and walking out of her room.

The smell of sweet cinnamon swam around her nostrils as she made her way down the stairs and into her kitchen. Her father's back was to her, and she was watching his struggle to neatly spread icing over a fresh baked pan of cinnamon rolls, her mothers favorite.

"Morning Dad." Adeline interrupted causing her father to jolt slightly.

"Addy!" He smiled, turning to face the blue-eyed beauty. "I'm making your favorite!" he gestured to the pan of delicious treats. It wasn't her favorite, it was her mom's. A part of her knew that her father had known that, but he always told her he saw her mom when he looked at Adeline. The cinnamon rolls weren't comforting to Addy, but they were to her father. It had become difficult for her to indulge in them, every time she took a bite, she thought about her mom sitting at the other end of the table, sipping her black coffee while speaking about how delicious the pastries were.

"Thanks Dad." She forced a sympathetic smile and placed a kiss on her fathers' cheek. "I'll have to take it to go though, I have to get to school."

"Alright then sweetie." He nodded. "I'll be late tonight; I have a big case I'm working on."

Her father was a small-town lawyer, so a big case to him was probably just a major divorce between a family with a lot of money. But her father loved what he did, and she loved that.

"Bye Dad." She waved, twisting the knob on the front door.

When she got to the end of the driveway, she tossed the cinnamon roll in the trash can that was waiting to be picked up by the garbage man and sighed. She couldn't eat it, but she would never be able to tell her father that.