THIRTY EIGHT

The next few days were a nightmare. Adeline and Klaus took turns sleeping in Hope's room with her, monitoring her. She was feeling-- different, dark almost. She wasn't the same little girl she was a few days prior, the Hallow did something to her. She was even hearing voices, she would scream and cover her ears sometimes when they got too loud.

Rebekah took over watching Hope for a little bit so Adeline and Klaus could figure out what they needed to do next. They were standing down in the dining room when Hope screamed, she was hearing them again. "What are we going to do Klaus?" Adeline cried, cringing at her daughter's screams.

"We need to know what happened to her-- what we are dealing with." He huffed, turning to Elijah and Marcel who were waiting close by. "Call Sophie Elijah, it's time we consulted a witch."

Davina and Kol were together, and the young witch had tried already to figure out what was wrong with Hope but she was still young and inexperienced. She wasn't sure what exactly happened either, she hadn't heard of the Hallow until everything happened. All Davina could tell them was that she could feel dark magic, to much dark magic coming off of Hope.

Elijah and Marcel stepped out to go collect Sophie. Adeline sat down on the couch, anxiously waiting for them to return. Klaus paced across the floorboards, he was worried and felt helpless, for the first time there was nothing he could do-- no one he could kill to make this right. He looked at his wife, a slow tear lining down her perfect ivory skin and his heart ached further. He moved across the room, sitting down beside her-- pulling her into his chest.

"We are going to be okay." he hushed.

"How can you be sure of that?" She cried.

"Because love, one way or another I will make sure of it." He insisted.

She cried into his chest, he wrapped both his arms around her. He ran his fingers through her long blonde hair, attempting to soothe her sobs.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you more."

He shook his head and laughed under his breath. The young vampire said that to him always, she always claimed she loved him more. It kind of became her thing over the last five years of marriage, he would say I love you and she would say I love you more. Klaus never felt the need to say, because he felt like unspokenly, he knew he loved her more. Adeline, along with Hope, was the best thing to happen to him-- ever.

****

Elijah and Marcel walked through the doors of the compound with Sophie in their hands. She looked at the couple sitting on the couch with worried and confused eyes. She could tell Adeline had been crying and it didn't look like either of the two had been getting much rest. If you could tell a Hybrid and a Vampire were tired-- something was wrong.

"You summoned me, I came." she huffed. "What can I do for you?"

Klaus rolled his eyes at the witch, ever since he arrived in the quarter years ago she was a pain in his side. "What I need is for you to lose the attitude and show a little respect in my house." he growled.

Adeline placed her hand over Klaus's arm, attempting to calm him down. She knew his patience was running thin but they needed her help.

"Sophie, we need your help." Adeline started. "Something happened to our daughter when we killed the Hallow. She did something to her."

Sophie's eyes grew wide "Where is she?"

"Upstairs." Adeline gestured to the staircase and Sophie followed. When they got to Hopes room she was laying on the bed, with Rebekah stroking her hair.