EIGHT

The sun was peaking through the sheer white curtains in Adelines room, and her eyes fluttered open. She raised her arms towards the sky, stretching every muscle she could reach. Her hands moved to her temples and she started to rub them— trying to ease her pounding headache.

"Oh my god." she breathed. Adeline remembered the night before. She remembered almost everything— drinking way to much, crying to Klaus of all people about her mom, and then him carrying her.

Embarrassment was one of the first thing she felt about the situation. She couldn't believe she opened up to Klaus— he didn't need another reason to find the girl weak and she gave him one. She led him straight to the center of most of her pain— and now if he wanted he could use that against her.

A knock at her bedroom door saved her from her own thoughts of self hatred and regret.

"Come in!" she called out.

Her dad stepped through the door with a smile on his face and cup of coffee in his hand.

"Wellness check!" He teased. " I didn't hear you come in last night."

Of course he didn't— Klaus compelled him as he carried Adeline to her bedroom. She didn't want her dad to know she was drunk, so they did what they had to do but that's just another thing she had to regret this morning.

Another revelation Addy had to face was the fact that Klaus had now been in her bedroom— he had to have been to get her up here last night. It seemed like things just kept getting worse.

"Sorry Dad— I must have just snuck in on you." She smiled.

"Must have." He laughed. "Well, I'm off to work. See you tonight!"

"See you tonight dad." She agreed.

There was at least one good thing going for Adeline today and that was that there was no school. It was fall break in Mystic Falls— so at least she didn't have to go through that with a hangover.

Adeline showered and got around for the day— she thought that might make her feel better and she was at least a little right. She grabbed a piece of toast from the kitchen and forced herself to choke it down. She have much of an appetite but knew it would probably help the hangover.

When she opened her front door she wasn't paying attention— she was looking down at her phone sending a text to Elena asking what everyone was doing today. She bumped into a hard chest on her porch that sent her tumbling backwards.

"You know, you should really watch where you are walking love." Klaus smirked.

Adelines cheeks flushed red with embarrassed— not only because she had slammed into the original but after last night, her plan was to avoid him— yet here he was.

"I didn't expect you to be here." she admitted.

"How are you feeling this morning?" he questioned. "Nursing a massive hangover I'm sure."

"Did you come here to mock me?" she snapped. "Because if that's what this is you can save it— I already feel embarrassed enough."

"I'm not here to mock you Adeline." he smiled, laughing under his breath at the girl. "Although, I could if I —"

"Klaus!" She interrupted, not wanting to here anything about last night.

"Okay okay." He laughed, tossing his hands up. "I'm here to ask if you want to come with me— I want to take you to do one of my favorite things today."

"Sorry— I don't kill people." Adeline scoffed, assuming Klaus's favorite thing was murder. She meant it, she did think that was probably his favorite thing to do but it was also a diversion to buy herself some time. She didn't know why the original would invite her anywhere— it must be out of pity. But Klaus doesn't know pity so maybe it was a trap.