THIRTY SEVEN

5 YEARS LATER

Life was good, life had been good for along time. There was peace in the quarter, at least most of the time. The witches still hated the Mikaelson family and Marcel. But Klaus and Marcel ruled the quarter side by side. Hope even called Marcel uncle.

Adeline had everything she wanted , a perfect marriage and a happy child. Sure, klaus could still be insane and still killed when he felt it necessary but that was something she was never going to change about him.

"Adeline." Marcel interrupted her watching Klaus and Hope playing outside.

"Hello Marcel." She smiled. He didn't reply, he just stared at her and she turned to meet his gaze. "What is it?"

"There is some rumblings in the quarter, some of the witches talking about some all powerful witch resurrected and sent here— for your daughter." He informed.

"I'm sorry, what?" She questioned. "What would she want with Hope? How does she even know about her?"

Marcel looked at the ground and then back up. "Mikayla. I was told some of the witches saw Mikayla around the same thing this psycho witch rolled into town."

"You've got to be kidding me." Adeline scoffed.

Klaus saw Marcel talking to Adeline and could tell something was wrong.

"Keep playing little one— daddy will be back." He told Hope and walked to the porch to join Marcel and Adeline.

"What is it?" Klaus asked.

"Some resurrected witch called the hollow, sent straight here to find your daughter." Marcel said.

"What could she want with Hope?" He asked.

"Adeline asked the same thing— Mikayla sent her here. Apparently this witch is a real freak, she takes down powerful supernaturals and absorbs there power." He shrugged. "Hope is a tribrid, first and probably only of her kind. She wants her."

"Then I guess I have to find her and kill her." Klaus scoffed.

"I'll help you." Marcel offered.

"Me too." Adeline said "I've been waiting for Mikayla for years."

Rebekah agreed to watch Hope for a few days outside of the quarter at the plantation house the Mikaelson family still owned. They wanted to keep her safe and out of harms way.

****

Marcel, Elijah, Klaus and Adeline went to the witches first. They wanted to see what they knew and what this hallow person was all about. The witches had to have had something to do with this resurrection, Mikayla isn't a witch. She had help.

"Hello witches!" Klaus called from outside the fence. "It's the big bad wolf again!"

The witches came out in a line, then stood in front of the four vampires. They hadn't had a face off with them in awhile. Everyone was existing in peace for the most part. Marcel still didn't allow them to practice magic in the way quarter but he didn't torment them day in and day out either.

"What do you want Klaus?" Sophie snarled.

"Long time no see Sophie." He smirked. "It seems you witches cooked up a bit of a mess for my family and I once again. Didn't your mother ever teach you to learn from your mistakes?"

"We haven't done anything." She insisted

"You did always like to lie, didn't you?" He scoffed. "You aided a certain enemy of mine in resurrecting some witch who fancied themselves the name Hallow."