ELEVEN

Adeline rushed into her house, throwing her front door open and letting it crash against the wall behind it. Elijah had got there first and he was standing in her kitchen, staring down with a defeated look on his face. Stefan already knew what had happened, he could smell the blood. He tried to hold Adeline back, he didn't want her to see but she screamed, pushed and kicked until she thrusted herself through.

Behind the countertop island in the kitchen, her father laid on the ground in a puddle of blood and bite marks on his neck. Her knees hit the floor and the tears were streaming down her cheek. She tried to scream or yell, but nothing came out.

The only sound that could be heard in the house were sobs coming from Adeline.

"No...please no." she bawled and begged. "Dad—please."

Everyone in the rooms heart was breaking watching the girl. Her father was all she had left; he was the only one and now she had no one.

Stefan tried to talk to her, Elena tried, Damon tried, Caroline tried but Adeline shut them out. She heard nothing—it was like the world around her faded away and she was stuck in limbo—in hell. Klaus felt sick to his stomach watching Adeline in so much pain, he didn't understand what was happening until he saw the text on his phone.

"For all you've done. Xoxo -K"

This was his fault—he was the reason this happened. Katherine used the girl to get revenge against Klaus since she knew he couldn't be killed.

"Brother" Klaus whispered. "This was Katerina."

"I know." Elijah whispered. He didn't tell his brother about Rebekah's involvement yet, because he knew if he did things would get very ugly. His sister didn't deserve any protection after what she did, but still she was family and that was Elijah's weakness.

Adeline was still on the floor beside her father's lifeless body—sobbing and pounding her hands on the ground. His blood had stained her clothes as she knelt in the puddle that surrounded him. She felt dead inside—like there was no point anymore. The pain was immense, it was too much—like knives twisting in her heart.

"Addy—come on." Stefan urged. He wanted to help his friend; he didn't think it was healthy for her to sit her like this covered in her dead father's blood. He wrapped his arms around hers, trying to pull her off the ground.

"No! No!" she screamed. "I'm not leaving him—I can't leave him." She struggled to breathe through the sobs. Stefan looked at the group of friends who were watching helplessly with tears in their eyes. No one knew what to do.

"She can't stay here tonight – we don't know who did this." Stefan whispered. "What if they come back?"

"It was Katherine." Klaus said through gritted teeth. "Katherine did this."

"Oh my god." Elena sobbed.

Silence befell the room. Adeline had nearly used all the tears she had in her body as her sobs turned into dry heaving. It was painful and torture for everyone to watch.

Klaus had enough—he couldn't let her sit like that anymore. He didn't care what she wanted, or that she wanted to stay. He knew it was doing her no good. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her body—picking her up bridal style.

"No!" she shouted. "Put me down—I can't.. I can't. I Can't!"

"Klaus put her down!" Stefan ordered.

"No. We all know that isn't helping her – and if you are too big of a baby to move her and be the bad guy for the moment, I will be." He spat.

He carried her up the stairs and sat her down in her bathroom.