TWENTY NINE

Adeline woke up the next morning feeling, different. It felt like for the first time in a long time she had a place to call home, she had a forever. Since her parents died she never had that sense of security, the feeling of family, but she did now.

She stretched her hands up towards the ceiling, trying to wake herself up. The sun glistening off her brand new shining diamond, making her smile. She took a moment to admire the ring before getting out of bed.

When she walked downstairs, it was the same as yesterday. There was a full spread of breakfast waiting for her, with a cup lined to the top with blood. It was a classier way of drinking it, rather then sucking down blood bags or biting tourists in the necks.

"No Klaus again this morning?" Adeline asked Rebekah who was sitting across from her at the table.

"He's just playing his part with Marcel." Rebekah answered with kind eyes. "Besides, we have work to do today."

"What kind of work?"

Before Rebekah answered a team of people, dressed in black suits and skirts walked in with brief cases and big boards they began to set up. Upon observing the boards, she saw they were wedding boards, wedding plans.

"What's this?" Adeline asked.

"Well since Klaus wants the wedding in 3 months, we have to get to planning now. He sent the very best in to help." Rebekah smiled.

"Three months? That doesn't work for me." Adeline shook her head.

"I'm sorry— what?" Rebekah scoffed.

The team of wedding planners began to swarm the Adeline. Tossing color choices, cakes and venues in front of her— asking what she liked best, telling her she can have whatever she wants.

"Ah I see you two ladies are already hard at work this morning." Klaus said, walking into the house with Elijah.

Adeline shot up from the chair and over to her new fiancé.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

He looked at her with worry in his eyes, he could tell something was wrong. Elijah could too— part of him thought maybe she was having cold feet, but that didn't really sound like Adeline.

Klaus didn't answer, he just grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into a separate room— not that it could keep any vampire in the house from hearing what they were saying if they wanted to, but it felt more private at the least.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Klaus we can't get married in three months."

"You agreed to marry me— I don't see the point in waiting." He huffed. "What? Do you not want to marry me? Do you need time to back out?"

"Would you stop!" She snapped. "I don't want to back out. I just— I don't want to be showing on my wedding day. It's just not how I envisioned my perfect day— fat and pregnant."

His face relaxed slightly. It made him feel better to know it wasn't anything with him, it was her. It was the way she had seen her wedding day since she was a little girl. He wanted to give her everything she dreamed of, but he wouldn't wait 9 months to do so.

"Okay— we get married next week then. You won't be showing then." He nodded.

"Wait what?" She gasped.

"Unless you have another reason to wait."

She didn't. She wanted to marry Klaus but she still hadn't even told her friends. And to plan a whole wedding in one week? It seemed impossible.