NINE

Klaus had to die, at least that's what her friends had decided. He was constantly stealing Elenas blood, killing people and his hybrids had become a huge issue to the town of Mystic falls. They were blindly loyal to the Hybrid.

"We shouldn't trust Katherine." Adeline pointed out as they waited for the elder doppelgänger at the Salvatore house.

"She is the only option we have." Damon replied. "She has been running from Klaus for centuries— she wants him dead just as much as we do."

Adeline stayed quiet after that, because she wasn't sure if she did want the original dead. Maybe it was the thought of being involved in actually killing someone that bothered her— or maybe she felt something for him she couldn't explain. Either way, she was stuck in the middle of this mess.

She was angry at Klaus for using her, dragging her out of town and distracting her while he made an attack on her friends. He probably deserved to die— but maybe he didn't. There was also the fact that they had no weapon to even kill him, nothing existed, he was indestructible.

"Hello friends." Katherine greeted as she welcomed herself into the house.

"Not your friends Katherine— just temporary allies." Damon rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on Damon, you know you love me." She smirked running her hand across his cheek.

"Get over yourself Katherine." Elena scoffed. Adeline looked over at Elena and could see the jealousy on her face, which shouldn't be happening. Stefan was still her boyfriend.

"Elena— where's Stefan?" She questioned with a condescending tone. Adeline wasn't the only one who picked up on the jealousy.

"Right here." Stefan answered, walking into the room.

All eyes were on the newly resorted Stefan, he was able to get his humanity back on but still he was different. He didn't seem to care about Elena at all anymore, or so he wanted us to believe.

"Great. Now that we're all here can you fill us in on this little plan of yours to take down Klaus?" Damon insisted. 

"His name is Mikael." she announced, sitting down on the couch taking a sip of her bourbon. "He is the father of the originals. Except Klaus of course— mommy slept around and had that one."

"They have a Dad?" Caroline questioned.

"Seriously Care?" Adeline laughed. "Where did you think they came from?"

Caroline shrugged at her friend.

"So what's the plan? We wake this Mikael guy and what?" Stefan asked, clearly wanting to just get to the point.

"We point him in the direction of Klaus, and let him do the rest." She smirked.

Katherine told them the story of Mikael— how he was a vampire hunter who had been chasing his children around the globe for years until he was daggered and left to rot. The plan was to go wake him and work along side him to kill Klaus, which seemed risky considering he was a vampire hunter who not only wanted to kill his kids— he wanted all vampires dead.

But the group voted, aside from Adeline who remained silent most of the conversation. They were going to go through with this.

"Okay— well let me know when you have Mikael." Adeline said, standing off the couch. "I'm going to go home and get some rest before you all put our lives back on the line... once again."

"Always with the positive attitude Addy." Damon teased.

"Yeah yeah— see you guys tomorrow." she waved.