THIRTY FOUR

The next morning everything felt different, Adeline was married, she was pregnant and just yesterday someone attempted to kill her at the altar.  She walked downstairs where Elijah, Kol and Klaus were talking at the dining table.

"Morning." She announced catching their attention.

Klaus stood up from the table and walked over to his wife. "How are you this morning?" he asked.

"I'm fine-- I feel fine.' she admitted. "That doctor you guys called checked on the baby, we are all fine."

"Good, that is great news." Elijah smiled.

"Actually, I wanted to tell you guys last night but there was so much going on with trying to find Marcel-- the doctor told me it's a girl." she smiled.

"A g-- a girl?" Klaus grinned. Adeline nodded, reaching for his hand.

"A girl." Elijah repeated with a smile.

"What about a girl?" Elena smiled walking into the room with the rest of the group.

"The baby-- she's a girl." Adeline smiled.

"Oh my gosh Addy!" Caroline gleamed. All the friends gave her a hug, celebrating the news. Klaus leaned over and gave his wife a quick kiss but then he knew he had to get back to plotting.

"I think I'll pay a visit to the witches today-- clearly one of them talked otherwise how did Marcel know Adeline was pregnant?" Klaus huffed. "I guess I'll have to slaughter the rest of them."

"I can go with you." Kol offered. Of course he had no issue going with his brother to murder a coven of witches, Kol was twisted in that way. Some say he was even as evil as Klaus at times.

"We cannot be sure it was the witches." Elijah pointed out. "Afterall, they have seen what we are capable of brother-- what makes you think they would betray us and risk it?"

Adeline agreed with Elijah. Klaus and him had killed several of their members, including their only living elder. It didn't make sense for them to go against Klaus-- they knew he was unkillable. But they could have done it as revenge.

"It could have been revenge." Adeline pointed out. "But I'm not sure."

"Well, I will pay them a visit anyways. I'll get answers out of them one way or another."

"I'll go with you." Mikayla announced walking into the room "I don't mind knocking heads."

Adeline turned around staring at Mikayla as she walked towards Klaus, standing a little too close to him. She didn't like this at all, she wished Mikayla would just leave. She claimed to be there for Elijah but Adeline could tell there was something off about her.

Adeline had a weird feeling about Mikayla. It wasn't just pure jealousy— sure she felt weird about her past with Klaus but she had nothing to be jealous of, she won— she was his wife. There was something else bothering her, it was the way Mikayla looked at her and the way she acted.

"I'll go to." Adeline offered.

Klaus looked at her like she had three heads. "Are you mad?" He questioned. "You are not coming! If the witches conspired to have you killed with Marcel then you need to be as far away from them as possible."

"Klaus." She tried to argue but he wouldn't hear it. He through his hand up urging for her to stop talking and she knew there was no point in arguing with him. He would get his way one way or another.

"I'll go with him Adeline." Stefan smiled, taking his place beside Mikayla.

"Oh look! Like old times, Stefan and I working together again." Klaus smirked and Stefan rolled his eyes in response.