SEVENTEEN

The house was stocked with booze and downstairs in the cooler they kept blood bags, for the non-human guests. Adeline got dressed in tight denim shorts and a black tank top. She curled her hair, shook it out to give her volumized waves. She looked at herself in the mirror and smirked, she looked good— she looked like the birthday girl who was ready to celebrate.

The music was vibrating the floor boards and she could hear the guest start to arrive. She walked down the stairs where klaus was already waiting for her. He scanned her body up and down, licking his bottom lip with a smirk.

"I don't know how I feel about you looking like that." He leaned in and whispered into her ear.

"Oh come on Klaus—" she smirked. "It's a party."

She winked at the original and headed towards the kitchen to get a drink and greet some of her friends.

"Try not to kill anyone tonight brother." Elijah wanted looking at the expression on Klaus's face as Adeline walked away.

***

Damon was pouring mixed drinks for everyone filling them with 90% alcohol and 10% juice. Adelines tolerance had increased a little since her transition but not much. She was on her third cup and was starting to feel warm and loose. She was tipsy.

Elena did show up to the party but Adeline hadn't spoken to her once all night. She was going to be the one to say anything first, it was Elena's turn to do some apologizing.

Stefan was drinking more than he usually would at these kinds of things. He usually kept it pretty low key, but he was tossing drinks back like crazy. Adeline could tell something was off with him, but she didn't want to press him. She wanted to enjoy her birthday.

"How about body shots off the birthday girl?" Tyler shouted and the crowd of people erupted around him.

"Absolutely not." Klaus groaned, stalking over to Adeline.

She saw him coming before he got beside her and she smirked at him. She knew he was never going to let that happen but she couldn't help but laugh at him.

"I already know what you're going to say." She laughed. 

"Good then there is no use in having the conversation." He huffed.

Instead of doing body shots of her, Tyler had different girls line up to do shots off him. Caroline was rolling her eyes and pretending to gag almost the whole time. They have been on the outs since Tyler became a Hybrid— she claims he changed and is to cocky now.

Everyone was having a good time, it felt like things were going to be okay for the first time in a long time for Adeline.

"Hey Addy!" Bonnie called.

"Bon!" Adeline smiled, pulling her friend into a hug.

"Happy birthday."

"Thank you."

"So— this is Isiah." Bonnie pointed out the guy standing beside her, who was looking at Adeline in a way that made her feel uncomfortable.

"Nice to meet you." Adeline gave a half hearted smile.

"Likewise." He nodded.

"He's new here— just moved to stay with his uncle." She told her friend.

"Oh well, welcome to mystic falls then!" Adeline smiled.

Adeline partnered up with Damon for a game of beer pong against Matt and Jeremy. They were winning, Adeline was sinking almost every shot. She had got much better at stuff like this since becoming a vampire.