THIRTY TWO

Klaus and Elijah returned back to the compound. They were greeted by Stefan and Damon waiting for them in the dining room. Stefan glared at the brothers with angry eyes as soon as they stepped in the room. He wasn't happy with the way things had been going for Adeline since he got here and now they had made it worse, the girl was staring at the compound with them. They had invited her here despite Adelines reactions and her being missing from them for the night.

"Where is she?" Klaus questioned, annoyance was clear in his tone.

"She is upstairs with her friends-- but you aren't going to see her right now." Stefan spat.

"Excuse me?" Klaus scoffed. "Who do you think you are talking to? She is my fiance."

Stefan rolled his eyes and laughed under his breath. "Not for much longer if things keep going the way they are."

Klaus lunged forward, but Elijah stuck out his arm-- stopping his brother from harming the Salvatore. He knew that would only make things worse with Adeline right now, and that was something Klaus couldn't afford to do.

"Niklaus, please." Elijah huffed.

"You have no right to speak to me about her." Klaus sneered.

"Why is she here Klaus? That girl-- whats her name? Mikayla?" Stefan snapped. "Why is she staying here in the same house as your pregnant fiance?"

"That was my doing." Elijah defended. "Niklaus was simply accepting my wishes. She is an old friend."

"The oldest of friends by the sound of it." Damon scoffed. "What has it been? A thousand years?"

"There is nothing between my brother and the girl-- not anymore." Eijah argued. "Maybe once Niklaus and I took a liking to the girl but it wasn't love to either of us and it was centuries ago."

"I really don't see what the big fuss is about." Klaus shrugged.

The Salvatore brothers looked at each other and laughed, shaking their heads. The big fuss was Klaus had done so much to Adeline since meeting her and she loved him despite it all, then he can't even be honest with her about his past and she showed up here.

"You know what-- I am done wasting time talking to the two of you." Klaus spat. "I am going to talk to my girl because after all Stefan, she is mine...not yours." He smirked at the young vampire.

The brothers stepped in front of him, trying to prevent him from going upstairs. He laughed in their faces then simultaneously snapped their necks. Elijah looked at Klaus with a disapproving glare.

"What?" he smirked. "It's just a little nap."

****

Klaus let himself into their bedroom where Adeline was sitting on the bed surrounded by her friends. They all turned to glare at the Hybrid.

"Lovely." he scoffed. "Alright out you go-- I would like to talk with my fiance."

No one moved. They stayed sitting in their same spots staring at him like they were protecting their friend. Klaus laughed under his breath, he found it amusing they thought he could be intimidated by them.

"I could always just make you leave." He shrugged.

"You wouldn't dare." Bonnie sneered.

"Oh but I would." He smirked.

"It's okay." Adeline blurted. "I need to talk to him."

Her friends were reluctant to agree but eventually they listened to their friend and left the room. When the couple was alone Klaus moved across the room and took a seat on the edge of the bed.