TEN

The night roared on at the Mikaelson house— even after Adelines near death experience. The party was to big to shut down and now the Mikaelson's really had something to celebrate.
Elena helped the blonde remove the blood off her forehead from where Katherine had hit her— but the friends decided to stay at the party after because who wouldn't need a drink after something like that?

"I should thank him." Adeline spoke up, staring over a klaus with a red solo cup in her hand. Yes— she had been drinking again but she wasn't drunk... yet.

"Who? Klaus?" Stefan questioned with furrowed brows. "Yeah sure— thanks for saving me this one time but almost killing me and people I love so many others. I think you are good to skip the thanks."

"Well someone is upset." Elena pointed out.

"I just feel like I at least owe Elijah." Adeline admitted.

"Elijah saved Klaus— not you." Damon interrupted. "But by all means— go thank the crazy murder brothers."

"You know some people call you two that, right?" Adeline teased, smirking at the two vampires.

"Touché" Damon laughed, holding his drink up to her.

Adeline didn't know if she owed Klaus any kind of thank you— I mean it was the normal thing to do, you save people you don't let them die. But for some reason— she knew that wasn't typical of Klaus and maybe it would spark some change in him if she acknowledged it.

"I'm doing it." She nodded, taking a gulp of her drink for some liquid courage.

"You're crazy." Elena shook her head but she wouldn't stop her. She knew what it was like to have to big of a heart— to see the good in people she shouldn't. After all, she is the one who trusted Elijah to kill Klaus in the first place and we all see how that turned out. Not to mention— none of them knew about anything that had happened between the pair so they thought it was harmless, nothing to worry about.

Adeline forced her feet forward— walking across the room and towards the brothers. Elijah saw her coming first, then Klaus. They watched her closely with every step she took in their direction.

"Adeline." Elijah smiled and gave a single nod.

"Elijah." She smiled in return. "It's good to see you again— you have excellent timing."

"I do, don't I?" he laughed under his breath.

Adeline swallowed hard before turning her attention to Klaus. He was already looking at her— like he expected she came over here to say something to him.

"Klaus—" she started. "I just wanted to thank you."

"For?" He questioned.

"For not letting Mikael kill me." She admitted. "I know that was a risk for you."

"I figured it was my only shot at killing him — so I took it." he replied coldly. He brushed off the girls gesture, like he didn't do it for her at all.

"Niklaus." Elijah scolded, eyeing down his brother.

"No— it's okay Elijah." Adeline breathed. "I guess I was wrong."

"I guess so." Klaus shrugged. "Enjoy the party though— maybe take it easy on the drink this time." He looked down at the red cup in the girls hand with a smirk on his face.

Asshole— was all Adeline could think. He was trying to poke at her, to get under her skin. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of showing him that he did.

She stared at the hybrid, lifting the drink to her lips and topping it off without looking away for even a second. The vodka burned down her throat and it took everything in her not wince at the pain— but she held strong.