TWENTY

Adeline was laying on her bed, scrolling through her phone looking at pictures of her and her friends. So much had changed in the last few months and she never took the time to settle down and reminisce—to say goodbye to her old memories—to who she used to be before she turned. The pictures started as her, Elena, bonnie and Caroline at sleepovers, dances and just being together—then pictures of Matt and Tyler and as she kept scrolling Damon and Stefan.

"Taking a stroll down memory lane?" Klaus questioned, walking into her room.

"Do you do that a lot?" she huffed.

"Do what?" he smirked.

"Scare people—you scared the hell out of me." Adeline sat up on her bed, eyeing down the original.

"I told you I was coming back." He laughed. He was right he did tell her, and she didn't know why she expected him to knock on the door or ring the bell, that was not Klaus's style.

"What are you so smiley about?" she questioned taking note of the grin that was draped across his face.

"Back your bags love—we're finally getting out of this one pony town." He grinned.

"And where are we going?" she questioned.

"The French quarter—New Orleans."

"Okay—I've never been to New Orleans, how long are we going to be gone?" she questioned. Adeline hadn't picked up on the fact that he was asking her to leave for good—to move there with him. She thought he meant a trip like a vacation.

"We are moving there." He informed her.

"Wait – what?" she asked, eyes wide with shock. "I can't leave Mystic Falls."

"Sure, you can love! There is a whole world out there outside of this place—and you said yourself there is nothing left here for you since your parents passed."

"I know what I said but I didn't think about leaving so soon." She admitted. It wasn't that Adeline didn't want to leave—she had thought about it often. She was a vampire now and there was no way she could stay in Mystic Falls forever; she wouldn't age a day and eventually people would notice.

"Well, my siblings are ready to leave and quite frankly so am I." he admitted. "The only reason I stayed was for my Hybrids and for you."

Adeline's heart skipped a beat in her chest when he spoke those words. He stayed for her—so she would leave for him. It was time for her to explore the world and see more than this town had to offer anyways, she had all the time in the world to come back to Mystic Falls if she wanted.

"Okay." She breathed. "I'll come."

A heart melting grin spread across Klaus's face and he picked her up off the ground, twirling around in his embrace then pulling her in for a kiss. He was happy she agreed to go—he was finally getting her out of this town and away from the Salvatore's, specifically Stefan.

"Let's get you packed then!" he smiled. "You don't have to bring much, just whatever you can't live without because I can buy you anything you want—A whole new wardrobe if that's what you desire."

Adeline laughed and rolled her eyes at him—must be nice being filthy rich she thought. She grabbed a bag out of her closet and filled it with everything she wanted and needed to bring. She took the photos of her parents and stuffed them in the bag, she wouldn't be able to leave them behind and she knew that. She ran her fingers over her old cheerleading uniform but decided against bringing it—she was ready to let go of that part of herself.

"You could bring that if you want—could be fun." He smirked.

"You're ridiculous." She laughed.