FORTY

"You are Klaus Mikaelsons wife?" She questioned, looking the vampire up and down again. She had yet to shake the look of shock off her face. Adeline was getting more annoyed with her by the minute.

"Yes." Adeline answered bluntly.

"And you want me to bring back Klaus?" She scoffed. "The worst creature— an evil original hybrid?"

"I do."

"You are out of your mind. The only weapon that could kill Klaus died with him— if we brought him back, he could never be killed if need be."

"What a great point." Adeline mocked. "Good thing there will be no need for him to die."

The witch shook her head and looked back down at her disarrayed cards. She couldn't bring Klaus back, he would kill her and her whole coven for what the Hallow did. He would blame them and he would be worse than Marcel.

"I can't do it." She argued. "The world is better off with Klaus Mikaelson dead."

Adelines blood boiled, she rushed the witch grabbed her by her throat and shoved her against the wall behind her. The veins protruded from under her eyes .

"The world is not better off with Klaus dead— my world is not better off." She snarled through gritted teeth. "And you are going to help me or I swear I'll burn this place to the ground with you and your coven inside."

"You aren't an original dear— I'll kill you." She spat.

"You're right— I'm not but Elijah is. And if got kill me he will come for you, then what?" Adeline scoffed.

"He would never find us— took you years, didn't it?"

"Oh trust me, he would find you. No matter how long it takes." Adeline promised.

The witch knew she was telling the truth, Elijah would come for them in time and them if she killed her. Adeline let the witch go, she slid down the wall gasping for air and clutching her throat. Adeline was always the even tempered one, the kind one and Klaus did all the dirty work — but things had changed. She changed since Klaus's death and she would do anything to get him back.

"What's in this for me, huh?" The witch asked. "What's to stop me from killing myself right now to save my coven from Klaus Mikaelson being back on this earth?"

"New Orleans." Adeline answered. The witch looked intrigued by her answer immediately. "If you bring Klaus back, we will all leave. The originals and Marcel."

"You can't make that happen." She protested.

"Yes— I can. Elijah can, and believe me Klaus can."

She thought for a moment— sure bringing Klaus back was bad but if all the vampires left town with him, it seemed like an okay price to pay.

"I'll need the body." The witch agreed. A smile took over Adelines face, finally a chance— a chance to bring back the man she loved.

"I have it." She smiled.

****

The witch and a few members of the coven went to the Mikaelson family crypt where Klaus's body was housed in a coffin inside. Adeline didn't come here, it was to hard for her. Today was her first day since the funeral. She opened the doors and took a deep breath as she stepped towards her husbands coffin.

Her phone began to ring in her pocket.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" Elijah questioned.