☤ 02 | sunshine

| Mid-August |

| Mid-August |

  SHE continued with her day, trying to return to how to things were before the war started. Although, she had to stop by the infirmary to get more ambrosia for the broken arm Kronos had caused.

Chiron gave her permission to skip a few classes for the day. The centaur meant well by attempting to keep her distracted, though she never attended her classes. Yet, he continued to encouraged her.

"Lilly!" Her half brothers, Connor and Travis called. They sat at the Hermes table, they waved their arms wildly, grins on their faces.

    "Hey," she said, approaching her brothers. She couldn't understand how her brothers could remain so happy in this time of mourning. All she could feel was grief wrapping itself around her thought and choking her.

Arguments with her father flashed in the back of her mind briefly. You should take better care of your mother, Hermes would scold the twins. You're old enough to not need reminding.

How could he have blamed a child for not taking better care of their ill mother? How could she have taken better care of her when she didn't know how to care of herself?

As Hermes liked to point out frequently, she had a terrible habit of running away from responsibility.

She took a seat at the table, across from her brothers, who held clear plastic spheres that contained a colorful liquid inside.

They sat across from her, sneaky grins plastered on their faces. They were the closest family she had. The rest of half younger siblings didn't necessarily like her. They all disliked or feared her so she kept her distance.

The three of them were a pranking trio, they created the pranks and made everything. She set them into place since she has a rare ability that most envied her for.

She could run at the speed of light. When she ran, everything slowed down, like in slow motion.

She loved running. She could lose herself in it. She could forget almost everything briefly.

The last child of Hermes to have this ability was named Paul Revere and took place in 1775, to warn the colonist (Greeks) about the British (Romans) coming to invade. To mortals, it appeared as horseback, but Paul actually sprinted across the land to alert the others.

A famous half-sibling who is continuously taught about today along with Harriet Tubman -- another heroic half-sister.

"What is it?" she prompted, wanting to distract herself from her thoughts as Luke's death crept back into her mind.