☤ 12 | that's a lovely shinner

THE next morning Lilly woke up in Percy's room, laying close to the wall on the opposite side of the bed than Percy

      THE next morning Lilly woke up in Percy's room, laying close to the wall on the opposite side of the bed than Percy. She must've fallen asleep while recounting what had happened to the son of Poseidon after showering.

She rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes and saw Percy still lying asleep, with drool seeping on to his pillow. She pulled the covers higher and covered him. It was close to seven, so she decided to leave to get dressed.

She limped her way to her own cabin and when she entered, she found Coach waiting casually with his bat in his hand. "Where have you been?" Gleeson knew exactly where she's been, but she really didn't expect him to care.

She went to her drawer and pulled out a pair of shorts. "I fell asleep in Percy's room last night."

"You rule-breaking--!"

"I know," she cut the satyr off. "I shouldn't have been in there. But he's my friend, Gleeson. We would never do anything besides talking. He loves Annabeth too much, and I love . . . Apollo." Although he's never told her directly, mythical creatures were well aware of her relationship with Apollo-- so she suspected Gleeson knew too. She wondered why he's never mentioned anything to her or the other seven.

Gleeson's eyes softened as nodded and walked to the door. "Don't let it happen again!" he grumbled.

She placed her pair of fresh clothes on the bed. "I can't promise you anything, Gleeson," she said to him as he walked out, although she was just kidding.

She changed, brushed her teeth, and went to mess hall to meet everyone else. She found everyone awake including Percy, which she wondered how he beat her here if she awoke before him.

She wasn't very hungry that morning. She only drank water and had an apple, trying to replenish the blood she lost yesterday.

She walked with a slight limp and her friends took notice.

Leo, Jason, Winston, and Frank had left earlier that morning to the museum, getting a head-start.

Once everyone else on board had finished eating, they gathered around on deck. The girls (Annabeth, Piper, and Hazel) set out to find the ghost, so it was only Percy, Lilly, and Coach left. Coach was somewhere on ship, singing an old Navy tune.

"What are you planning on doing today?" she asked Percy as the two gazed at the waters.

"Exploring the harbor," he answered, slightly uncomfortable, and she realized it was what happened in Atlanta was still bothering him. "Care to join?"