☤ 01 | from the start

SHE hated Camp Half-Blood

She despised her father.

She disliked the cursed Fates.

She resented Kronos for ruining her life.

She loathed her own brother for leaving her.
Not really.

Her twin was Luke Castellan.
She was his sister, Lillian.
Her brother is dead.

She watched him perish before her very eyes; his flame of life within him was blown out in seconds as he laid in her arms.

She saw the discomfort etched into his face as he stabbed himself.

She felt it.

I'm sorry, he said.

He died saving the world.

If she had known where the road would have led, she would have discouraged him.

She understood his intentions.
She supported his intentions.

Only she understood when no one else did.

Her best friend, Percy Jackson, was there in Luke's presence when he died-- so was Annabeth.

Percy placed a hand on her shoulder. Luke died a hero, he consoled her.

But deep down, buried in her mound of deceptions, she too, is a traitor.

When Luke poisoned Percy, he left her without notice. He didn't bother to say good bye.

After all those years on the streets together -- then eventually with Thalia -- she was devastated to find that he had run away without her.

The abandonment of her own brother pained her.
He was protecting his sister.

But after a few days, he returned for her.
They met privately.

He promised he would return to visit her again. They formulated a team: the Castellan twins against the world of Greek Gods and demigods.

She stole Zeus' master bolt, but after she handed it off to her brother, he was recklessly caught by Ares later.

She covered for Luke when he frequently dropped by to visit her. She would go out of her way to see him too. The older they turned, the visits became shorter.