☤ 17 | hey jude

THAT very evening Lilly was shaken awake by no other than Piper

"Get ready and report to the deck!" The daughter of Aphrodite grinned widely, with a slight twinkle in her multicolored eyes. "Leo's here!"

Piper scampered out of her room.

Lilly was no longer in pain, yet her mind was a war zone for her thoughts. It was difficult to come to reality, trying to cope with the idea of Jake betraying her— or being alive.

She had too many questions and not enough answers.

Come on. Once upon a time, she trusted him. How could she be okay after being stabbed by someone she cared and believed to be dead? It was tedious and draining to come to terms. It was so unbelievable.

She never meant to kill him.

She was in so much pain at the time, her instincts kicked in. It was automatic.

As much as she wanted to say that she was fine, she couldn't remain in denial. She was shaken up from yesterday. She still trembled at the thought of what happened, knowing very well she could have died if Frank hadn't acted. Although, part of her wished he hadn't helped at all.

Her wound was magically healed-- it wasn't from the help of ambrosia or nectar. There was no scar or evidence that showed that she was stabbed or her insides were twisted, only bruising. Though, her vague dream of visiting Apollo last night could be the answer.

As much as she wanted to see Leo, she took an extra-long amount of time to get ready. She wasn't ready to face anyone after yesterday, she just wanted to be alone and isolated. She took her phone with her to take advantage of the wifi at the café where Leo was. She wasn't supposed to have one, she knew, but it was just for communication. She had to check her voice mails; she had about thirty that she needed to answer. Plus, she had missed calls, unanswered texts, and plenty of scandalous rumors about her and "Lucas" circulating the media.

She wished she could wipe it off the Internet. She didn't have the power, despite Hermes being the god of the internet.

Her friends made no attempt to wait for her, they were all too eager to see their lost friend. Lilly didn't use her running ability to transport herself to where her friends were. She physically couldn't, she lost the need and desire to run. She walked normally to where her friends and Gleeson sat. The seven of them were a happy bunch, but when she caught sight of Leo, it was as if she looked in the mirror.

Leo was heartsick.

Leo was the first one to notice her presence. He didn't hesitate. The Latino boy raced to where she stood and embraced her. It was something she needed.