☤ 14 | my fault

LILLY stayed and watched the ship with Jason and Piper for nearly the entire morning

LILLY stayed and watched the ship with Jason and Piper for nearly the entire morning. Around noon, Percy returned after walking Annabeth to her own quest: The Mark of Athena.

He was in a glum mood, knowing his girlfriend could be killed at any moment . . . Of course, Lilly didn't say anything that could make him upset. He already had enough on his plate.

Percy was talking to Piper and Jason over matters that didn't involve her. She didn't want to interfere with whatever they spoke about either.

Before she knew it, she was as left on the ship after the three of them decided to leave to search for Nico di Angelo. She stayed with Gleeson, waiting for Leo, Hazel, and Frank to return too from their own trip too.

Gleeson practiced parrying with his bat instead of a sword. "I was manning the halls last night--"

She rolled her eyes, knowing he was going to bring up last night's events. "I know where this is going, Gleeson," she sighed, laying her sword aside.

He crossed his arms defensively. "I'm not saying you're in trouble," he said gruffly, standing still. "I'm saying . . . you made the right choice last night."

"So, you're saying sleeping in the same bed as Percy is a corr—"

"No!" he cut her off abruptly. "I didn't mean to overhear, but satyrs have sensitive ears."

"Oh." Oddly, it was his own way of saying I'm proud.

Then, he returned to practicing his fighting moves and didn't say anything again.

Leo, Hazel, and Frank arrived shortly after thirty minutes have passed.

They immediately fired up the ship and went to the colosseum where it was full of purple lares. In the arena stood two giants, Percy, and Jason.

Lilly took a spot manning the ballista despite having Coach claim it. She aimed at one of the Giants below, and Greek fire blazed from the ballista.

On the ground, Jason and Percy rolled into trenches to escape the explosion that rocked the Colosseum.

They continued to fight with Lord Bacchus and destroyed the Giants.

With the smoke lingering in the air, Leo brought the ship in for a landing and disembarked the ship. Just as they got off the ship, the purple ghosts shimmered and disappeared. Higher up in the stands, Lilly saw Piper and Nico struggling to climb down.