☤ 22 | run

LILLY had landed like an asteroid colliding with the earth

       LILLY had landed like an asteroid colliding with the earth. In the midst of the battle in the Acropolis going on below, she stood on the Argo II several hundred feet high.

She allowed herself to plummet; this time, she didn't stop with the help of her shoes. She literally slammed her feet into the face of a giant-- the king of the giants. Before that, Jason had struck him with lightning.

Lilly had hit him with such force, King Porphyrion fell to his knees. Jason had blasted him with lightning again and stabbed the giant in the neck with his golden gladius.

The Argo II neared closer to the Acropolis and fired the ballistae and catapults with precision. A wall of Greek fire fell around the Parthenon which incinerated the smaller monsters that stood in the general area.

Leo's voice boomed over the loudspeaker: SURRENDER! YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY ONE SPANKING HOT WAR MACHINE!

A giant named Enceladus howled in outrage. "Valdez!"

WHAT'S UP ENCHILADAS? Leo's voice roared back. NICE DAGGER IN YOUR FOREHEAD.

"GAH!" The giant pulled Katopris out of his head. "Monsters: destroy that ship!"

Lilly couldn't remember what happened after those brief moments. A giant had tossed her aside into a marble column like a rag doll.

Shakily, she rose to her feet and willed to herself to fight. She trudged to where her friends stood in a circle with their backs to each other, surrounded by thirty-feet tall giants.

They had no chance in her eyes.

Yet, the clouds over the Acropolis parted for a black tear filled with stars in the sky, where Mount Olympus could be seen in the distance. An army of gods charged through the rip.

Then there was Zeus in his supersized form-- he rode a golden chariot, with a lightning bolt the size of a telephone pole in one hand.

From the belly of the Argo II, Nike tumbled out, free from her bondage. She spread her golden wings and soared to Zeus' side.

"MY MIND IS RESTORED!" She roared. "VICTORY TO THE GODS!"

Next to the king of the gods was his wife, Hera, whom Lilly hadn't seen since her last visit to Mount Olympus.

Suddenly, all of the gods stood next to the demigods, human-sized, but radiating power. Before charging, someone's hand squeezed hers, and it was reassuring to know Apollo had her back regardless, and she had his. He was dressed like any other demigod in blue jeans and an orange Camp Half-Blood shirt.