☤ 08 | team leo!

"WHO is Aunt Rosa?" Hazel asked the son of Hephaestus

Lilly took a quick glance at Leo to see if he would answer.

"Long story," he said. "She abandoned me after my mom died, gave me to foster care."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, well..." Leo was anxious to change the subject. "What about you?"

"Nico . . . he found me in the Underworld. He brought me back to the mortal world and convinced the Romans at Camp Jupiter to accept me. I owe him for my second chance at life. If Nemesis is right, and Nico's in danger . . . I have to help him."

She didn't want the same thing that happened to her, to happen to Hazel. She lost her brother and it devastated her. If Hazel lost her brother . . . she couldn't imagine how the young girl would take it.

"Sure," Leo said. "And what Nemesis said about your brother having six days to live, and Rome getting destroyed . . . any idea what she meant?"

This is all Gaea's plan, Lilly thought bitterly with a clenched fist. Everything revolves around her.

"None," Hazel admitted. "But I'm afraid . . ."

Whatever she was about to say, she decided not to. Hazel and Leo stood on top of the biggest boulder. They talked to each other, and when Lilly heard a different voice, she decided to see what was going on. Since there wasn't much room on the rock, she hit her shoes together and raised herself up so she could hover next to Hazel.

"Hello," Hazel said. "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" answered a voice.

Lilly stared down at a girl that was below the rock. She had wispy brown, blonde, and gray hair that blended together to appear like the surroundings. She wore a greek style tunic dress, that is an overly worn styled dress Lilly normally saw goddesses wear. It was the color of the boulders, which made her look like she's camouflaged.

Hazel and Leo gave her wary looks as she floated down to the girl. The girl only stared but didn't say a thing.

"Are you the cursed kid Nemesis mentioned?" Leo asked. "But you're a girl." Leo and Hazel climbed down from the boulder.

"You're a girl," she said.

"Excuse me?" Leo raised a brow.

"Excuse me," the girl said miserably.

"You're repeating . . ." Leo stopped. "Oh. Hold it. Lilly wasn't there some myth about a girl who repeated everything-?"