☤ part II

SHE had spent most of her morning with Apollo

"What do you think about marriage, sweetheart?" They walked through the woods.

"What?" she asked, her eyes slightly wide. His question had caught her off guard.

The god repeated himself.

She stood there for a second wondering. "I'd marry you the second I finish my quest," she smiled. "How's that sound? Deal?" She held out her pinky to him.

The god's eyes perked up at the thought of making her his wife. "Deal." He wrapped his pinky around here, with the biggest smile on his face now that he had a fiancé.

They continued walking and found a field of grass and sat down. An hour more passed.

"I need to go soon," she reminded the god quietly, with a hand pressed to his soft cheek. They still sat in a field of tall grass, hiding from anyone who could possibly be wandering around.

The god sighed in acceptance, a soft sadness resting in his eyes. "I know." He reached forward, his nimble fingers tucking a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"

She blushed and exhaled with a smile on her face, her hand dropping from his cheek. He wore a cheeky smile and grabbed her hand to pull her closer. He pulled her into his embrace, falling back on to the prickly, dry grass. She rest her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat, trying to savor the warmth he radiated.

They laid together in silence, listening to the sounds of nature. The green vegetation rustled gently in the wind as the birds chirped happily in the warmth of the sun. Although the horn from the Argo II in the distance pierced their thoughts.

She sat up. "That's my cue," she frowned.

Apollo nodded. He tried his best not show his disappointment and sadness and clutched her hand tightly.

She noticed his figure glitch and scatter for a brief second before solidifying again. Apollo clutched his head. "Are you okay, sunshine?"

The god took a deep breath, his figure switching between straight postured and tense, and slouched and relaxed. She placed on hand on his leg, grounding him to his relaxed posture. "I'll be fine sweet heart," he reassured her with a slight quiver in his voice but worry present in his eyes. "Come back to me safely, okay?"

"I will." She placed a soft kiss on his lips before standing. "I love you."

"I love you too." He embraced her tightly, squeezing the air out of her lungs. "Remember to take Winston with you. He'll protect you for me."