☤ 15 | broken home

LILLY didn't get much sleep at all the night before

   LILLY didn't get much sleep at all the night before. She may be got at least an hour, but she spent the entire time asleep in a nightmare.

Within her dream, she found herself at Camp Half-Blood, except the camp was obliterated. The cabins were charred husks. The strawberry fields were consumed with raging bright fires. The dining pavilion was a pile of rubble, and The Big House was on fire too.

Chiron stood in one of the windows of The Big House. His mouth moved as if yelling for help, but instead, he pointed.

Naturally, Lilly looked around. She hadn't seen or realize it before, but corpses were scattered around her. But in the midst of everything, dressed in black, stood her twin. He lost his glowing tan and muscled body. All that remained was a thin, pale figure. He vaguely reminded her of Draco Malfoy, a boy who was pushed to become something he didn't want to be.

"Luke," she breathed, with hot tears building in her eyes. He was oblivious to her emotions.

He smiled like a proud child, as a child would after building an entire Lego city by themselves without help while approaching her with wide-open arms. "We did it!" He engulfed her into a bone-crushing hug.

Lilly couldn't physically bring herself to hug him back. Her lack of encouragement caused him to loosen the hug. The place around her was pure destruction.

She couldn't help but glance at the strawberry fields where they once played together freely. The crops were now smoldering ashes.

He let go and allowed herself to examine the scattered familiar faces.

She came across each of her friends and family: Annabeth, Connor, Travis, Clarisse, Thalia, Will, and lastly, Percy. He lied on his back with his hand stretched out to Annabeth, but his hand never reached hers. She was too far away.

She turned back to face her brother and found him frowning. "This--" She motioned to the horrific scene around them. "Is what you wanted?"

"No," he admitted solemnly, tugging the collar of his turtle neck. His eyes drifted to the daughter of Zeus, salty tears building in his eyes.

She caught him staring at the dead corpse of their best friend. Not only was she the girl they spent adventures with for nearly a year, but she was also the girl who sacrificed herself for them.

Luke balled his fist at his side. "I never wanted this. Thalia shouldn't have . . ." He paused, painfully biting his bottom lip to regain composure and forced his gaze back to his sister. Whatever he was feeling a second ago, it was long gone, shoved into a box yet to be opened. "I-I wanted revenge on the gods-- never on the demigods, Lilly. We deserved better."