5

As I entered the threshold I see my mom with a spatula in her hand waiting for me

As I entered the threshold I see my mom with a spatula in her hand waiting for me. Wait what? Spatula. What the hell. I just came out of the hospital and she's already going to hit me.

No no no no

I tried to tiptoe slowly so I don't get into her sight, but today even the largest forces aren't with me. I heard a loud voice, "ti bagha aali tumchi porgi" (see your daughter came) as she said that to dad, I sticked my tongue out in frustration as my aai caught me.

I smiled sheepishly as the whole family was present to lecture me on my health. Including Kartik. God no. I walked towards them as I fidgeted with my fingers as my anxiety was on.

I just hope she doesn't hits me with the spatula now. "Don't show us your teeth" mom said as anger surfaced her face. I stopped smiling immediately and stared at all the three of them, my dad, mom and Kartik.

"Vaitag aala mala hya mulicha" ( I am frustrated with this girl) my mom said as she was almost going to hit me with the spatula in her hand. But I don't know what got into me I immediately got up from my place and rushed towards Kartik to save myself from her spatula hits.

Poor Kartik, was stuck between our quarrel like thing. But this thing had to take a conclusion so finally dad came in between and stopped mom. I love you dad.

When the atmosphere was cooled down, Kartik bought me a glass of water, which is very unusual of him. I accepted it and drank it in one shot.

"Thanks" I said to Kartik. He nodded a welcome to me and sat beside me.

Mom was still staring at me with rage. I was getting uncomfortable under her gaze so I got up from my place and decide to go to my room.

"Call that guy day after tomorrow, I wanna give him a treat" mom said in a serious tone. "It's okay mom, I'll do the treating thing. Don't worry" I tried to smile.

"What are you going to feed him? Those pizza burgers?" She asked rhetorically "ghari aan tya mulala, tycha paunchaar karen mi" (bring that guy at home, I'll give him a treat) she said.

"Aai, its fine" I said trying to avoid to bring Rudra at home. I don't think he would even come.

"You are bringing him or otherwise I'm not going to allow you at home. The choice is yours" she stated blankly. & now like a good girl I have to follow her and do what she says. I just hope Rudra comes with me tomorrow. I nodded and left the place.

~

The next day, my alarm went off and I sat up in an instant.

Rudra. I need to meet Rudra.

I changed immediately into camitop and paired it with a Blue Jeans. My shoulders were looking so fat, I want to hide them. I rummaged through my almirah to find something. Thankfully, I got a long shrug, which was very flowy and beautiful.

I smiled to myself as I saw my reflection in front of me. It's just eight in the morning and I don't think, Shyam uncle would have arrived yet. I put nutella on my brown bread and eat it immediately.

When I came in the drawing room, dad was reading the newspaper.

"Beta, remember huh what happened yesterday" he smirked. I rolled my eyes and took the apple in the fruit basket. "Don't remind me, baba (dad)"

I talked to him for a while and bid him bye as I took the car keys. Well, I'm not good at driving. But nevermind its morning.

After few minutes I reached at college and straight headed to Rudra's classroom. I slapped myself mentally, he's in my class itself. So yeah I head to my class and there I see him making out with someone. That somehow made me feel uneasy. But I guess, my presence was known and he suddenly parted with that girl and that girl turns out to be Kiara Pandey. She is the most sexiest girl in the college and I guess Rudra and Kiara dated for a while. I'm not sure tho

I never kept my eyes on him as I just crushed on him for a week or two then my life was turned into hell. I didn't realised they both were staring at me. I smiled awkwardly, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your session" I said and immediately rushed out of the classroom. I think it's better I go to library now. I took my place at the corner of the library and took out my notes.

Wait, where's my computer communications network notes?

I rummaged through my bag to see where were they. Suddenly someone placed a book in front of me which was mine and when I saw who it was, it turned out to be Rudra. No. Fuck, no.

"I didn't mean-" I said but i was cut off by Rudra. "Can we go somewhere else and talk?.. umm its library" he said with a cold expression on his face. I hope he doesn't shouts at me for seeing him like that. Save me y'all please.

He walked ahead of me and I followed him. He entered the same class where I saw him and Kiara making out. The air was so thick and it was making me feel uncomfortable. So I decide to initiate the conversation again.

"I didn't mean to see you and her that way" I said quietly "I didn't even knew that you guys were a thing. I'm sorry" I shrugged as his back was faced towards me. He turned to face me and placed his finger on my lips.

"Shh" he said, "she forced herself on me. It's good that you came otherwise I would have shouted over her and lose my anger" he told me as anger fumed out of him. His six foot body was so close to me, so close that we could crash our lips anytime soon, I was just admiting his devilishly handsome face. He was sculpted very well, his eyes were so piercing yet it could melt girls (possibly boys). I somehow was liking our proximity & I felt safe in his embrace. What am I even thinking?

Ugh. After a few moments we both realised how we both are, he distanced himself from me and now we are very awkward.