27

I chuckled, and stepped out of the car

I chuckled, and stepped out of the car. Rudra did the same and came near me.

I threw my arms around his neck and placed a peck on his lips without any shy feelings.

"Miss me" I rubbed the tip of my nose against his smoothly as my eyelids were closed.

"I'll" I heard his hoarse voice, his voice attracted me so much right now. I took a step back and waved my bye to him. He mirrored me and I head towards my door. I still felt his gaze on me, so I turned around & gave him a wide smile.

I mouthed a 'good night' to him. I felt few drops of water on my skin and suddenly, the frequency started increasing.

"Go safe, its raining" I said, worrying about Rudra. He nodded at me and head back to his car. I immediately rang my doorbell and Aai opened the door. I gave her my most appealing smile and she reciprocated me with one.

"Get clean. I made gulabjamun and misal pav for you" my stomach growled at the name of my favourite dishes. Well anything is my favourite which tastes good.

I nodded excitedly and went towards my room to take a hot shower and change myself into comfy clothes. I did it all in the span of ten-fifteen minutes, because my food was waiting for me.

I went to the living room and I found Kartik watching a football match whereas dad was continuously looking at the laptop screen. I tied my hair into a bun and took a seat next to Kartik. He was binge-eating my chocolate ice cream.

Suddenly, my relaxed state of mind changed into a angry one.

I slapped his shoulder hardly, instead of him getting hurt my hand was paining badly and I heard his ugly disgusting laugh.

"What the hell are you doing????? Give my ice-cream. I bought it for myself" my nose flared in rage. I literally drove myself five kilometres away for this flavour and this dummy is eating my ice-cream. "I won't mind giving it to you but it is already emptied" he winked at me showing his slightly chocolaty teeth. I made a disgust type of expression and stared at the television screen.

"Aye, what is this?" I heard him as he brushed his fingers around my neck and suddenly, the hickey reminded me.

"it-it's nothing" I stuttered still staring at the screen. I immediately let my hair down, not wanting to discuss anything. "DON'T TELL ME YOU HAD SEX WITH HIM" I heard him scream and now dad's attention was shifted towards us.

"Wha-what are you saying? Hell no" I replied to save myself, speaking up the truth.

"What happened" I heard dad say as he kept his spectacles on the table.

"It's nothing dad, he's just getting angry" I tried to cool down the heated atmosphere. I eyed him angrily for his stunt which he just did. "Do you think I'll just have sex on the second day of my dating? He just gave me a hickey that's all" I whispered in his ear with my rage tone. When I was done whispering, he rolled his eyes at me.

"Tell him not to do this stuffs from next time" he shrugged.

"It's none of your business, even you will do the same to your girlfriend" my eyes narrowed at him. He just ignored my statement and went towards the dining table and took a seat as mom was arranging the misal pav.

"Preshtha, babana bolav jevan karayla ( Preshtha call your dad, the dinner is ready)" I nodded at her and did as what she said.

Now, we all were having our family time right now and this felt so soothing to me. I tucked a small strand of my hair behind my ear and rubbed my palms excitedly to attack the misal pav.

I took the piece of pav and shoved it into my mouth. The flavour of the misal along with the pav just made me experience heaven

"Aai this is so delicious" I said taking another morsel. "Glad you liked it" I heard her slight chuckle. Dad and Kartik appreciated mom's cooking too.

As I was enjoying my meal, I heard dad clear his throat and my attention was all at him now.

"Ata pudhe kay? (What next now?)" He was looking at me so I took the initiative to talk, "Now gulabjamun and then a nice sleep" I shrugged simultaneously as I spoke.

"Aga tey nabi, (Not that pteshtha) I'm asking you regarding your career" he sounded serious. I honestly did not had any plans. Either I was going to start a start-up or help dad with his business.

"Maybe I'll help you or I'll start a start-up" I shrugged randomly. "I think you should go for a MBA and then take over the business" he said as he took a bite. I swallowed in nervousness.

I never thought of taking over dad's business, that happens to be best IT company across Asia and Europe but either Kartik or I had to take it over, because of dad's deteriorating age. Kartik couldn't obviously take it because he was too focused on football and wanted to ace in that career. So only I was left right now.

"You should apply for London business school" I heard dad, as I was in my own thoughts. However, his voice bought me in the reality.

"I'll think about it" I said as I played with misal.

"Dad is right, you are a bright student Preshtha. London business school is good for you" Kartik said with a spark in his eye.

What about me and Rudra?

"Yeah, preshtha go for it" mom said. I think I should tell them that I'm in a relationship with someone.

"I get you guys, but I'm dating someone; Rudra to be exact" my voice was getting heavy at the thought of leaving Rudra, leaving our beautiful relationship like this. "What? When?-" I heard aai but dad cut her off.

"We are not telling you to breakup with him, you guys can do long distance" dad tried convincing me.

"I don't know if he is willing to do it" I said biting the insides of my cheeks as tears were threatening to fall from my eyes, and I  rushed immediately towards my bedroom. I heard Kartik calling me to come back but I just needed some time.

I cried my heart out, just at the thought of leaving Rudra. What if he doesn't want to continue this relationship? What if we breakup when we are in long distance? All the questions started popping up and as the questions popped in my mind more tears fell from my eyes.

I brought my knees nears my chest and curled myself into a ball. I heard someone unlocking the door and I saw Kartik coming in.

"Preshtha..." he said in a low voice. I ignored it and was lost in my thoughts. He fished out his phone and started a video. It was the trailer of the movie 'to all the boys always and forever'

I was imagining myself in the place of Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky as Rudra, until she did not get selected in Stanford and her dad said

'You can't save this relationship by growing'

That made so much sense, but Rudra not accepting this made me fear.

"Take your time Preshtha and think about it" he patted my head and left the room

×-×-×
A

/N: Well I like to read comments, if possible kar liya karo yaar