26

Chapter 26. Tama

I woke up, feeling Troy rub my back. I opened my eyes but rolled further into his chest. He just wrapped both of his arms around me in a hug protectively. Last night I didn't take any sleeping medicine, I told Jesse I was fine without it. I was fine without it..... Until I woke up from a nightmare. Troy just pulled me closer to him, though it took me a while to fall asleep. I loved Troy, I really did. He was so caring and compassionate, but very protective over me, which I liked. It made me feel safe. I liked it now that he was back, it made me feel more relaxed, more at ease. I also loved being at work because it took my mind off things, I was too busy to think while I had to patrol a beach. I knew however, there would be a time where I would have to leave everything behind and return to england.

"Morning babe" He said, kissing the top of my head.

"Hey" I replied, looking up at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. My bruises had gone down, but I was tired.

"extremely tired" I whispered.

"I'm not surprised, you were up half the night" He said, smiling softly.

"I know but it's hard to sleep. It's been what? 5 days? Surely the nightmares and flashbacks and sleepless nights should stop now"

"You may have PTSD" Troy said.

"And how will we find that out?" I asked.

"Take you to a doctor?" Troy replied.

"There is no way I am going to a doctor" I replied.

"Why not?" Troy asked.

"I don't like doctors" I replied.

"Are you talking about finding a doctor?" Jesse asked, sticking his head in the door.

"Yeah, I wanna get her checked out for PTSD but she refuses to go to the doctors" Troy said.

"You could take her to Quinn?" Jess suggested.

"Would you see Quinn about it?" Troy asked me. I slowly nodded. "We'll call Quinn then, do you want to do it or shall I?" Troy asked.

"I'll do it" I said, grabbing my phone from the bedside table. I dialled Quinn's number and waited for him to answer.

"Hi Kendall" He answered.

"Hey" I replied. "Is it okay if I come round to yours and speak to you for a bit tomorrow evening after work?" I asked.

"Sure, whats it about?" he asked.

"Troy thinks I have PTSD and has asked me to go to a doctor but I refused. Jesse suggested asking you to check it out because you're a paramedic and what not and I said I'd be okay with you doing it because I know you. I'm not having a stranger question me about my life" I replied.

"Yeah that's fine" He replied.

"Okay, thanks" I smiled.

"Alright, see ya at work" He replied and hung up.

"He said we'd do it tomorrow night" I said to Jesse and Troy. They nodded and I got up to go and get ready for work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was down at Tama today with Maxi, Jake and Whippet. Tama is usually a quiet beach so we planned for a quiet day ahead. We were all in the little room thingy they have there at Tama, it's like the Bondi tower but on a much smaller scale. There were a couple of joggers on the beach, a few people swimming close to sure, it was all going well.

That was until a coach load of asian people turned up.

"This looks like fun" Jake commented as they all ran down the beach towards the water.

"Why dont me Jake and Maxi go down on he beach if anything happens and Kendall, you stay up here?" Whippet suggested.

"I'm cool with that" I replied.

"Awesome, lets go" Maxi replied.

I got my phone out of my pocket and put it on the desk, playing some music to keep me company. I watched as Maxi had to go in for someone. They'd only been here 7 minutes and they were already needing to be rescued. There was a knock at the door. I pushed my wheelie chair back and stood up, going to the door and answered it, instantly regretting it.......

Trev.