44

Chapter 44. Surfentag Part 1

I rolled over, as Riker jumped onto me. It was 9am so he was probably hungry. There was a note on the bed next to me.

Hey Babe,
I've gone to work, my shift started at 7 but I left you asleep. Jesse has a day off but has gone surfing at maroubra with Koby, so I guess I'll see you at work
T x

I smiled and stood up. I went downstairs and fed Riker. I then made a tea and drank it before going upstairs to get ready for work.

Yesterday I had the choice of staying here in Australia or going home after the year back to the UK. After a while of decisions, talking to the boys and Christian I decided to stay here in Australia as that is where I thought that I would be most happy. Troy was obviously happy with my decision too and said that I was more than welcome to live at his and Jesse's place. Jesse didn't mind either.

Once I was in my work uniform, and had my hair tied up, I put on my sunglasses and hat before grabbing Riker's lead, attaching him to it and leaving the house. I walked down to the beach, today was going to be a nice day, the sun was out, it was warm and a nice breeze going through the air. Bondi was going to be busy.

When I got there I walked into the tower, the boys were all talking about something. I put my stuff onto the side and smiled.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Surfentag" Whippet replied.

"what's that?" I asked.

"It means surfing day in german" Hoppo explained. "It will take place tomorrow evening after the lifeguard service is over. Basically you're in teams and you have to build a contraption. Then it's the contraption that can ride a wave to shore, and not get broken that wins"

"Sounds like fun" I smiled.

"Whippet and I have already bagsied you to our team. Just us three" Maxi said.

"Okay" I smiled, working with two of my best friends wasn't too bad.

"Teams are, Whip Maxi and Ken, Troy, Jesse and Reidy, Mouse, Matt and Harrison and Yatesy, Terry and Kerrbox. Those are the twelve people taking part which means four contraptions. We've got other people on shift today, you lot, go and build the contraption ready for tomorrow" Hoppo said.

"Cheers Hop" Whippet smiled, I grabbed my stuff and he took my free hand, pulling me out of the target and over to his car. I got in the front with him, and Riker, Maxi was in the back.

"Right, so before we set off we need an idea or theme" Maxi suggested.

"Cowboys?" Whippet said.

"Nah" I sighed.

"Flowers?" Maxi asked.

"seriously?" Whippet and I asked at the same time.

"Aliens. We could all wear onesies of the alien from Toy Story and out thing could be a ufo" I said.

"Liking it" Maxi smiled.

"We could cut a circle or get a circle bit of wood, then paint it like a ufo before putting floats on the bottom" Whippet said.

"Lets go" I smiled as we drove off.

We arrived at a carpenter place. Maxi got out and went inside to ask for a circular bit of wood while Whippet and I waited in the car.

"Got it" Maxi smiled. It was so big that we had to put it on the roof and tie it down.

"Who's going in the costume shop?" Maxi asked.

"Kendall can" Whippet smirked.

"Okay" I smiled. We pulled away and drove to the shop. They parked in the carpark while I got out. I left Riker in the car.

"Hey, how can I help?" the man behind a desk asked.

"I was wondering if you happened to have an alien outfit, three of the, if possible." I smiled.

"We have the alien from toy story in various sizes if that is okay" He replied.

"that's fine. Have you got one medium and two large?" I asked.

"I'll just go and check" He smiled, going into the back room. He soon returned with three aliens.

"Here you are. That'll be $18" He said.

"Thank you" I smiled, handing him the money. He gave me my reciept and change before I left, putting the outfits into the boot and getting back in the passenger seat.

"Silver paint" Whippet said.

"We have some in the garage at home" I said.

"Do you happen to have blue?" Maxi asked.

"Probably" I replied.

"Let's go and work on it in your garden then" Whippet said. I nodded and we drove back to my house. 

Maxi and Whippet took the wood round the side and I took the outfits. I went into the garage and grabbed blue and silver pain before going to join them in the garden.

"Right, I was thinking painting it silver with blue lines" Maxi suggested.

"That'd be cool" I smiled.

"Where are the outfits?" Whippet asked.

"Here" I said, holding up the bag. "Go and put this on" I said. He went inside the house to change.

He came back a few minutes and Maxi and I couldn't stop laughing. Riker was jumping up at him, barking, and Whippet was stood there looking ridiculous.

"We better get best dressed" He stated.