Chapter 3- One year later

AMY
I watched as Ray shot down the tube, trying to get the dirt off his face.

"Charlotte? Jasper? Can one of you get me a damp cloth please?" Ray asked.

Jasper left the room, following Charlotte.

"So...I guess you had a lot of dirt on those criminals." I laughed slightly. He glared at me.

"Sorry." I backed away.

"Anyway, Ray. I want to ask you something..." I became nervous.

"Amy, if you need to use my bedroom as a yoga room, you can. You don't have to ask." Ray smiled.

"Thanks- No! This isn't about a yoga room. This is about Captain Man's sidekick." I put my intentions out for him to see.

"What about my sidekick?" He was confused.

"Well. It's been a year since Henry died. It's time that you find a new sidekick." I smiled, hoping that Ray would figure my question out.

"Ok. Good idea. Get Charlotte and Jasper and find me a bunch of people to-" I stopped him.

"No! Ray. I, Amy Smith, want to continue Henry's legacy and heroism, by becoming your new sidekick." I placed my hands on my hips.

"No." He began to walk off. "Excuse me?" I wanted to cry.

"I'm not letting you become my new sidekick. It's too dangerous and you have no experience!" Ray was becoming upset.

"Hypocrite much? Not only have I got 13 years of karate and a black belt under my sleeve, but I have been working with Charlotte to help keep you safe! Besides, Henry told me that when you two first met and he wanted a job, you asked him one question before hiring him on the spot! He had absolutely no experience! I have the karate skills to help you!" I was trying not to rage.

"I said no Amy." Ray went to walk off.

"I'm his girlfriend Ray! I'm trying to honor his bravery by helping you fight bad guys!" I argued.

"No means no Amy!" Ray turned around and went towards the elevator.

"Amy? Are you ok?" Jasper sat besides me.

"Ray is refusing to let me be his sidekick." I was nearly about to cry.

"Hey...don't cry. I've tried to become his sidekick but he always escapes my questions..." Jasper laughed.

"Well...no offence Jasper, but I don't think Ray likes you very much." I stood up.

"Hey. It's late. I'm gonna head home and hopefully my day at school tomorrow will be better." I hugged Jasper as I entered the elevator, beginning to leave Junk 'N' Stuff.

"I'm sorry Amy-" Ray attempted to apologised, but failed. "-No. Leave it Ray." I walked out of the shop, heading home for the evening.

"Long day?" My mom walked into my room, holding some of my clothing.

"Yeah." I sighed, letting her leave.

"I'm sorry Henry. I wanted to be his sidekick, just like you...but he didn't let me." I was about to cry, but I picked up a photo of him and I at the Swellview park.

"I tried to convince him, but he rejected me even when I had all the experience of learning from you..." I cried, finally letting it all out. I heard my phone beeping, so I took it out, seeing a message from Charlotte.

Charlotte: Hey Amy. Ray said he'll be out all day tomorrow, he's got a family emergency, meaning it'll just be us, Jasper and Schwoz.

Amy: Sure. I'll be in at around 10 am if that's ok?

Charlotte: Sure. Jasper and I'll be there already and Schwoz never leaves. I'll see you tomorrow.

I put my phone away, hoping that my day at work would be better than it was today.