Chapter 5- Temporary

RAY
I had been lying to Amy. The night that the news reported that Kid Danger was dead, he showed up at the Man Cave, bruised and barely alive.

"Hey Ray...have you seen the amount of messages you have from this unknown number?" Amy held my phone in her hand. I quickly grabbed it out of her hand just as the unknown number began to ring me.

"Who's that?" She asked, curious.

"No one! Probably a scammer...but I'll answer it just in case." I ran out of the room, the phone in my hand.

Pressing the answer button, I made sure Amy couldn't hear or wasn't around until I spoke.

Me: Hello?

Henry: Ray? You there?

Me: Yeah...I'm here. Amy almost found out.

Henry: I'm sorry...but can you meet me at the entrance to the Danger Cave just under the SWELLVIEW sign? We need to talk.

Ray: If I can give Amy a good excuse, I'll be on my way.

I placed my phone away, walking out to the main hall, seeing Amy watch the cameras.

"I'm gonna go and visit Henry's mom. We got close after Henry died since she's his mom and I was his boss." I hoped it was a good excuse, since Amy gave me a look of confusion before looking back at the cameras.

Making my way to the SWELLVIEW sign, I quietly knocked on the door, signalling to Henry that it was me. He opened it. We hadn't seen each other since I put him in this abandoned cave.

"So. How's everything been going?" I sat down next to him on his couch.

"Well. I'm a little lonely. How's Amy?" Henry asked.

"She's good." Henry smiled.

"Anyways...why did you ask me to come here?" I was trying to get to the point.

"Ray...what I'm about to tell you, you will not like, but I promise you it's the best decision I can make right now." Henry was slightly confusing me.

"What is it?" I was confused.

"You know how my birthday is in two months, well...when I turn 18, I'm going to leave Swellview, permanently." I was shocked.

"What? No! You cannot do that! What if you get caught?" I stood up, pacing.

"Well...I can take your tube system to the edge of town, then I can leave without being noticed." Henry seemed as if he had a plan all figured out.

"Henry...what about your family? What about Amy, Charlotte, Jasper, your mom, your dad, even Piper? You can't just leave them." I was trying to argue his plan, not wanting one of my best friends to leave.

"Ray...the people that you think I'm leaving...they all think I'm dead. They think I've been dead for over a year! There's no life for me here. No one in this town knows that I'm alive. If I leave town, I have a chance to live a new life. I can change my name, I can become my own hero. I can protect my family without them ever knowing. Besides, every villain in Swellview knows that I'm Henry Hart!" Henry was making some good points.

"I have to do this-" I was going to interrupt him.

"-No! I'm not gonna let you run away." I was definitely not going to let him give up.

"I won't ever have to worry about being found!" He was not giving up himself.

"What about Amy?" I stopped, lowering my anger.

"She doesn't even know I'm alive! Maybe one day, when I know I'm safe, I can come back. But until then...I'm staying away. I'm staying hidden with or without your help." Henry's plan seemed foolproof.

"Fine. I'll help you leave Swellview." I gave up.

Getting Henry packed and ready to go, we waited until the late hours of the night, when none of the others would be around.

"Up the tube!" I shouted as I held Henry's packed suitcase with some of his belongings.

We made it to the edge of Swellview, a car waiting for Henry.

"Ray...I just wanted to say thank you...for the best 6 years of my life...even when we didn't get along sometimes." He laughed as he hugged me.

"Just promise me you'll be safe wherever you're heading." I wanted one last thing from him.

"Of course. I, Henry Hart, promise to keep myself safe, wherever I may end up." Henry changed the oath he took back when he first became Kid Danger. He got into the car, driving off, leaving me on the edge of Swellview.