Chapter 22- Revealing the news

AMY
"Is it time? Are we telling them?" I asked, pacing around the room.

"I think we should. I've been keeping up with criminal news back in Dystopia. Spark is angry and wants my blood..." Henry was nervous.

"Well...that's even more reason to confide in our friends." I admitted, texting Charlotte.

Me: Get Ray, Jasper and Schwoz and meet me in the Man Cave. I have news.

Charlotte: Is everything ok?

Me: I'll explain later.

"I've texted Charlotte. They'll be there soon." I smiled, sitting next to a nervous Henry.

"What if Spark is too powerful?" Henry asked.

"Ray and I can definitely handle him." I reassured him.

"Ok. What's the plan?" Henry asked.

"So, I'll talk to them and when I press this button, you'll get an alert that'll tell you to come down the tube. As soon as you land on the floor, you'll say 'I'm back'." Henry seemed like he understood.

I kissed his cheek before making my way to the Man Cave, meeting our friends there. I stood near the controls, waiting for the gang. Schwoz was the first person to come in, followed by Charlotte, Ray and Jasper who came through the elevator.

"What's this about? Are you ok Amy?" Ray asked as they all sat at the couch, waiting.

"I'm...ok...but I have good news and bad news." I spoke, placing my hands on the button.

"The good news is..." As I began to talk, I pressed the button. I watched as Henry came down the tube before looking up.

"I'm back." Henry smiled as everyone, excluding me, looked at him in shock.

"Henry! Aren't you supposed to be in Dystopia?" Charlotte asked, confused.

"I was...for like...a couple of hours..." Henry walked over to me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"That's where the bad news comes in. As most of you would know, Henry, while he was in Dystopia, got into some trouble with a crime lord. A few or more bounty hunters were sent off to have Henry arrested and/or killed. One of those bounty hunters infiltrated Henry and pretended to be his partner in order to eventually arrest him. That bounty hunter, known as Spark, is now on the hunt for Henry, doing anything he can to get his hands on Henry's blood." I explained.

"I was hoping that we could find a way to defeat Spark and possibly the person who employed him so Henry would no longer be a target and he can go back to living normally?" I asked.

"Of course we'll help you and Henry out. Anything for you two lovebirds!" Schwoz became excited.

"Wait! That means the apartment would be for you and Henry! Aww! Hashtag Chenry!" Jasper clapped.

"We planned to use the apartment as not only a home for us to start...furthering our relationship...but also to protect Henry just incase Spark finds out where the Man Cave is or where any of our houses are. We can all use the apartment...but mainly me and Henry." I held Henry's hand.

"Sounds like a well thought out plan." Charlotte smiled.

"Are you guys in...or out?" I asked as Henry squeezed my hand again.

"In." Jasper and Ray spoke at the same time.

"We're also in." Schwoz hugged Charlotte from the side while Henry kissed my cheek.

"First things first. The apartment. We have to make sure that the apartment becomes yours." Ray spoke as he went online and clicked a few buttons.

"What are you doing?" I was confused.

"I'm putting in an email from Captain Man. Hopefully, by doing this, the apartment can become mine before it becomes yours..." Ray smiled.

"Brilliant!" Jasper was excited.

"Thanks Ray. We appreciate it." I hugged Ray, who to me, was like a father or a crazy man-child uncle.

"You're welcome Amy. Anything for my sidekick and my previous sidekick." He smiled at Henry who had now sat down.
———
After a few hours, Ray had gotten an email back, saying that he had successfully acquired the apartment, and needed to pay for it. "How much is it?" I asked, concerned.

"Only $1800" Ray laughed.

"$1800?!" Henry looked at Ray as if he was crazy. "I can pay it...don't worry." Ray smiled.

"Just as long as we have somewhere to stay in case Spark pays us a visit..." I smiled slightly.