Chapter 17- Henry returns

HENRY
Living in Dystopia was extremely different from Swellview. No one from Dystopia knows my old identity, not even the people I fight crime with. It's been about 3 months since I started living here. God knows I miss my family and even Ray and Amy, but it's good here. I can be myself without fearing for my life. To pay homage to my old boss and friend, I called myself Captain Danger, fighting crime with my bubblegum like old times, but also my powers of Hyper Motility and Force Field Barrier.

I hadn't made contact with Ray since I made myself at home here in Dystopia. I figured that it would be too risky.

"Uh, Captain Danger? You coming dude? Or are you just gonna keep sipping away at your cola?" My partner, Spark, snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I'm coming!" I smiled before getting off my seat. I popped a piece of gum in my mouth, preparing to transform into my costume. I never bothered creating a new name so even out of costume people call me Captain Danger.

As I went to follow my partner, I received a text from an unknown number. I had erased all contacts from my phone as soon as I moved to Dystopia.

Unknown: Meet me underneath the abandoned bridge in the dead center of town in 20 minutes.

I was confused. "Hey, Spark, I'll catch up with you. I just need to upgrade tech and that'll take at least 30 minutes." I made up any random excuse. He smiled, running off into the foggy night.

Making my way to the abandoned bridge, I started to worry when I couldn't find anyone there.

"Well, well, well. It's nice to see you again...Henry Hart." I recognised the voice. The sassiness probably gave it away.

"Charlotte?" I was hoping it wouldn't be her, but she's probably the only one in Dystopia who knows my old identity. The girl stepped into the light. It was in fact Charlotte.

"How did you find me?" It's like Charlotte didn't even recognise me.

"That's none of your business..." She sassed me.

"You shouldn't be here. It's not safe." I never should've told her to leave.

"You're not supposed to be here either. You're supposed to be dead like Ray said you were." Charlotte's sassy attitude hadn't changed.

"Well. Things happened and now I'm here, but I'm telling you to leave." My heart pounded at the thought of someone finding me out here in the open.

"I'm not leaving until I get an explanation." Charlotte further implemented her desire.

"Charlotte...no. If you don't leave within the next 5 seconds, you'll be in danger." I started to look around.

"What kind of danger?" She was trying to catch me in some sort of lie.

"This kind of danger." I moved her out of the way before she was blasted.

"What the hell?!" She shouted.

"Captain Danger. I'd never thought I'd see you out in public like this. You've always liked the shadows. I have secured Captain Danger." A man in a tall trench coat spoke.

"Nice to see you too bounty hunter..." I moved quickly, managing to get the weapon out of his hand before grabbing Charlotte's hand and running.

"BOUNTY HUNTER?!" Charlotte was clearly shocked.

We got to a safe location, finally relaxing.

"Explain." Charlotte was now very angry.

"The day the blimp crashed, I had forced Ray to get off so I could somewhat safely steer the blimp away from Swellview. In the process I managed to crash into Mt Swellview. I used my force field barrier to protect me from the blast but I unfortunately was too tired to hold it so I dropped about 20ft onto the mountain, tumbling down. I made my way to Junk 'N' Stuff after they had pronounced me dead. I was living in a cave for a year before I decided to leave town with Ray's help. I've been living here, in the shadows, in Dystopia under the name Captain Danger...for the past 3 months...trying to escape the law." I explained 1 year and 3 months to Charlotte in a matter of 5 minutes.

"So Ray knew this whole time that you were alive and he never told us? Jasper, Schwoz, Piper, Henry's mom, Henry's dad, Amy and I never knew for a second that you were alive..." Charlotte seemed disappointed.

"I wanted to say something, but Ray advised me not to, in case I risked my life or anyone else's." I was sort of apologising.

As we continued to talk, Charlotte's watch started beeping 3 times every couple of seconds. It was the watch I used to wear as Henry and as kid Danger. She lifted the lid, letting a hologram of Ray appear.

"Charlotte? Where are you? You left like 2 hours ago!" He seemed upset.

"Well..." She indicated that I come over.

"Henry?" Ray was happy and shocked.

"Hey Ray..." I waved.

"What's the situation?" Charlotte changed the topic.

"Bad news. Dr. Minyak has kidnapped Lady Danger thinking that he can use Lady Danger to defeat me." Ray said.