Chapter 27- 6 months later

GENERAL
It had been 6 months since Swellview citizens had their memories erased. Henry and Ray along with Schwoz had been building the new and improved Man Cave, now known as the Man's Nest. Life was never the same after. People obviously wondered what happened to Junk 'N' Stuff, so Ray tells them that a massive earthquake hit Swellview and everything was ok except the shop.

Henry's parents freaked out, knowing that their son was alive. He told them all about Dystopia and how he was no longer Kid Danger, but Captain Danger. Amy spent most of her time either at the apartment, which her and Henry now shared, alone, or at the Man's Nest, helping Ray fight crime.

It had been a while since Henry went on a fighting mission.

AMY
"So. Where are you and Ray off to?" I asked as I smiled at Henry who was carrying a small bag.

"Oh, we're heading to Dystopia for 2 weeks to teach at a superhero training program. If all goes well...we should have a new group of superheroes ready to fight crime." Henry posed slightly.

"Wow. I'm glad you two are making a positive difference, although you attempted that with Swellview." I pointed out.

"Anyways...I heard that Ray is letting you become the superhero while we're gone. Who's gonna be the sidekick?" Henry asked, curious.

"Charlotte's out, having expressed how much she didn't want to be a sidekick. So...it's really between Piper and Jasper. Jasper has been a fan of Captain Man since before Piper was born, but Piper, who is 15, is the only one who somehow has a college degree, let alone in Polytechnics, Technology and Engineering. She could technically do Schwoz' job." I explained my troubles.

"Hey! No one is replacing me!" Schwoz had clearly heard the conversation.

"Isn't Charlotte in college right now?" Henry asked.

"She's visiting every weekend. She agreed to help fight crime on Saturdays but not on Sundays..." I explained.

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that Charlotte got into Yale and has been going there for 6 months. As mentioned, she comes home every weekend to catch up with everyone.

"Ahh...excuse me, Amy?" I saw a small child behind me.

"And...who is this?" Henry looked behind me.

"Oh, Hen...this is Ray's niece. Ray's sister, Alison, tasked Ray with taking care of his niece, but he roped me into doing it." I smiled, bending down to the 10 year old girl.

I also forgot to mention that since Ray made Swellview safer, his sister Alison had been in touch with him.

"Hey Sarah. What's up?" I waited for a response.

"Do you know where I can find Schwoz? We've been in a game of hide and seek for nearly 4 hours!" She was more like Piper which kinda freaked me out.

"Just yell out that you have a pool of rice and beans. That'll lure him." I smirked, watching as she got ready to yell. Henry and I looked on as Schwoz was in the room within a few minutes.

"Haha! He fell for it." Henry laughed.

"HENRY! Can you convince my future sister-in-law that I'm the best person to be a sidekick?" Piper asked, clearly seeing me.

"Future sister-in-law? That's presumptuous." I looked away.

"Anyways-" Before she could continue, Jasper ran into the room.

"-Don't pick her! I've been a fan of Captain Man since before she was born! I'm the perfect choice!" Jasper argued.

"See what I'm dealing with?" I looked over at Henry who was just enjoying the rivalry.

"Pick Piper. She clearly would be more trustworthy with handling weapons." Henry just gave me my choice.

"Hey!" Jasper punched his friend.

"Sorry Jasp. But Piper has had a license since she was 14 and she drove a capsule through Ray's brain. You were tricked by Piper that day." Henry shrugged his shoulders.

"Feels good." Piper smiled, rubbing it in Jasper's face.

"Hey, I haven't heard that catchphrase since the first season." Jasper smiled.

"You mean the first time Henry transformed into Kid Danger?" Ray spoke.

"Yeah. Totally." Jasper looked away.

"Damn...look at the time. We'd better be off." Ray nudged Henry's shoulder, signalling for them to leave.

"Please...take care of him?" Ray thought I was talking to him.

"Of course...I-Oh, you're talking to Henry..." He walked off.

"Yeah. I'll make sure he's ok." Henry hugged me before he kissed me. He smiled as he pulled away.

"I love you Henry." I smiled back.

"I love you too Amy." Henry turned around, walking out with Ray as they walked up to the giant tube.

"DOWN THE TUBE!" Henry and Ray shouted simultaneously. They shot down, disappearing. As I sat down, the alarm went off.

"You ready Piper?" I asked.

"Let's blow and go." She had learned that from Ray and Henry. She grabbed Henry's spare tube, putting a piece of gum in her mouth as I did the same. We transformed as the bubbles popped. Jasper just watched as we had a cool moment.

"Ready Lady Danger?" Piper asked as she wore the Kid Danger costume.

"Ready as always Danger Girl." I made up the first name that came to mind. Piper smiled, signalling that she liked it. For some reason, except for Captain Man, the word DANGER was in the name of every sidekick.

Both Piper and I ran off towards the tube, getting ready to fight.

"DOWN THE TUBE!" Piper and I said simultaneously. We shot down, disappearing.