5

It was a bright sunny day, the calm breeze blowing across a young child's face as they smiled. In front of the child were two people, one dressed in obsidian black and the other dressed with white flowing robes. They turned towards the child but had a frown on their faces. The child stared up at the strangers with a confused expression on their face.

"Is something the matter?" The child asked.

The stranger dressed in white sighed and knelt down in front of the child, reaching to their right wrist and taking off the pure white bracelet they wore. The stranger took the child's hand and gently placed the bracelet in their hand. The stranger dressed in obsidian did the same, taking their obsidian black bracelet and placing it in the child's hand.

"Listen to us, little one." The stranger in white said, "One day, you will destined for greatness. However, you will have to do it without us standing by your side."

The child was confused even more. These people were telling the child things that no child should have to hear. The stranger in obsidian knelt down in front of the child next to the stranger in white, wrapping their hands around the child's.

"Dear one, we are sorry, but we must leave you very soon." The stranger said, "There is a great darkness that waiting to be freed. We must do what we can to stop it from being released. This is the only way we will be able to save you."

The child didn't even notice the warm tears streaking down their cheeks as they stared at the strangers. The two strangers reached into their bags that were placed on the ground and pulled out two scrolls. One scroll was tied with a black ribbon, while the other remained sealed with wax, the imprint of their crest on the wax.

"You must listen very closely, Anirei." The stranger in white said, "Your destiny is greater than most. When you find the chosen one, you must protect them. Stay by their side until the darkness is gone from Ninjago for good."

"But how am I to do that?" The child, Anirei, asked.

"Time will show you, and your power will guide you." The stranger in black explained.

Anirei, though despite being young, understood what they were talking about. It was why she was training for so long. All for this moment. And deep in her heart she knew.... These people weren't coming back.

The two strangers reached to their belts, pulling out two weapons and securing them on either side of the child's waist. Then, the two strangers held each other's hands. For a moment between their palms, there was a flash of light. When the flash disappeared, the two strangers held out towards Anirei a small pendent attached to a silver chain, then slipped it over her head so it sat around her neck.

"Keep this with you always. No one else will be able to touch it other than you." The stranger in white said.

"And never let others control those weapons. Their power is just as great as the four golden weapons combined." The stranger is obsidian said, "What you hold is precious. No one will ever have the power you hold within. Never let anyone have it.... Do you understand, Anirei?"

Anirei nodded, understanding everything. The strangers smiled and hugged the child tightly, standing up and taking one last look at her.

"Take care Anirei. I pray that the spirits are kind to you and protect you." The stranger in white said.

"Never forget who you are. For the moment you forget who you are, your power fades with it." The stranger in obsidian said.

Anirei smiled, the tears still pouring from her eyes as she waved goodbye....