32

Anirei led the the Ninja out of the city to a far forest where no technology could reach them and spy. After leaving the city and finding a place to rest and hide, the Ninja quickly disguised their vehicles.

"Aah." Lloyd sighed in relief, "You were right, Rei, this is a perfect place to lay low. No robots, no cameras, no problems."

Anirei smiled, "I'm glad you like this place. I used to come here during my wanderings to calm my mind."

"Still, if any arial drones pass overhead, you two better wear these." Nya said, throwing a brand new ninja outfit for Lloyd and Anirei, "It'll scramble their signal, so they can't find you."

The two quickly went to hide and change into their new uniforms and came out looking better.

Unlike their normal ninja uniforms, these new uniforms didn't have a hood, rather just a simple face mask. Lloyd's uniform was mostly green with hints of gold to show off his Golden power, the symbol of the Golden dragon in the center of his uniform.

Anirei's however was almost identical, but her colors were silver, black and white, with just a hint of blue around her waist. Surprisingly, it was the same color blue as the gem on her forehead, making her like it even more than before. Anirei tied her long silver hair into a ponytail and came out to show it off to everyone.

"Yeah, this is sweet." Lloyd said.

"Does this look all right?" Anirei asked, drawing attention to her.

Everyone gasped at the sight of her. She looked right at home in that new uniform, and someone thought she looked completely astonishing.

"It looks great, Rei." Lloyd said, "It's totally you."

"Lloyd?" A voice called out behind the Green Ninja.

"Mom?" Lloyd asked, turning around and seeing his mother standing behind him with a bag of fallen groceries on the ground. The mother and son quickly hugged each other, happy to see one another.

"What are you all doing here?" Misako asked.

"The Overlord's back and New Ninjago City has fallen under his control." Lloyd explained sadly, "He has Sensei Wu."

"Wu's tough." Misako assured, "There's a reason he's lived as long as he has."

"Where is Master Garmadon?" Anirei asked.

"Yeah, where is Lord Garmadon?" Kai asked sarcastically.

"He no longer goes by Lord." Misako corrected, "Here, he is Sensei Garmadon. And he won't be back until this evening's lesson."

"Uh, did you just say Sensei Garmadon?!" Jay exclaimed, "And did Anirei just call him Master?"

"I'm just glad he's on our side now." Zane said relieved, "With Sensei Wu gone, we could use the help."

"Come in, but your weapons are not allowed." Misako instructed, much to the Ninjas' dismay, "Ever since Lloyd and Anirei saved him, Garmadon's sworn an oath to never fight in hope to make up for his evil past. It's an oath he takes very seriously."

The Ninja took their Techno Blades from their backs, unsure about what to do with them.

"But we were supposed to protect these with our lives." Kai stated.

"And never let them out of our sight." Jay added.

"You guys go on ahead, I will stay back and watch over them." Zane suggested, to which the Ninja happily agreed, except for one however.

"I shall stay back as well." Anirei said.

"What? Rei, you should come with us. I know Dad will be happy to see you." Lloyd insisted, but Anirei shook her head and smiled.