61

Anirei stood behind Morro on the peak of the mountain. Just a while ago, the Ninja had jumped into the Blind Man's Eye, entering the other realm known as Cloud Kingdom. She was proud of her brothers finally about to get the upper hand on their enemy, but her worry grew even more as one of Morro's allies, Bansha, began chanting in a strange language.

"Those cursed Ninja." Morro groaned in frustration and turned towards Anirei, "It it wasn't for you, then I would have gotten to Cloud Kingdom first!"

"I don't want to be here with you any more than you want to be stuck on the mountain. But I will not allow your evil desires to be granted." Anirei said angrily but didn't attack. Morro was using Lloyd's body after all, and she didn't want to hurt her friend.

"I need to get to Cloud Kingdom now!" Morro shouted.

"Patience, Morro." Soul Archer said, "Wanting to get to the Cloud Kingdom will not bring the portal any closer."

"But I hate waiting. It's beneath me. If the Ninja get the Sword of Sanctuary before we do, they'll have the upper hand."

"I've never known you to worry."

"It's this incessant boy trying to break free of my possession."

Suddenly, Morro felt his body be forced to the ground. When he looked up, he saw Anirei with a foot on his back looking down at him angrily.

"You will not say such terrible things about the Green Ninja." She growled. Morro noticed the look in her eyes. It wasn't just anger, but worry as she looked at his face.

He smirked and chuckled, pushing her off of him and standing back up.

"I see now." He said.

"What do you mean?" Anirei asked.

He walked closer to her, but she took a step back as he reached his hand out, taking just a small lock of her hair in his hand. Anirei quickly slapped his hand away in disgust and took another step back away from him.

"You care about this boy, don't you?" Morro asked.

"Of course I do. He's family." Anirei answered immediately.

"No... that's not what I mean." He began circling around her, "You like Lloyd, more than a friend. I can sense it. Hear it in your voice whenever I talk about him trying to break free. You keep sighing in relief when I do that."

Anirei's eyes widened as he spoke. He was speaking the truth.

"Well, I have to say, when I try to get near you, or hurt you in anyway, this boy tries even harder to break free of my possession. Almost like he's desperate to get to you. As if... he's trying to protect the one he cares about the most. Perhaps I should get rid of you right here and now, so that he can finally give up on escaping my hold."

Anirei glared at Morro, "If you need to validate yourself by putting others down and scaring them, then you will never be nearly as strong as Lloyd. Not even close. And you never will be."

Suddenly, Anirei felt a stinging pain in her cheek. Morro and snapped and slapped her hard across the face, causing her to stumble on her feet and caress her burning cheek.

"How dare you talk to me like that? I am the Green Ninja now!" Morro screamed at her.

"I know the Green Ninja. I am loyal to the true Ninja. And you are not one of my brothers. Perhaps if you had let go of your want for the power of the Green Ninja, then maybe you could've been my Elder Brother as well."

Morro stood there silent, wondering if her words were true. But his desire for the power he believed belonged to him brought him back to his goal.

"You will not have to wait any longer, Morro." Basha said, drawing attention to her.