20

Anirei stood at the counter waiting for the clerk to cut the fabric for her. She had just saved up enough to buy up enough fabric to make her new Ninja gi, though she bought more than she needed. Anirei wanted to using something special for her new uniform, and she wanted a piece of her design on it.

"There you are, dear." The clerk said, handing her long strips of silver fabric. Anirei smile, paid for the fabric and walked out of the store, meeting her dragon sitting outside the door. Nazira smiled and happily climbed onto her master's shoulders.

"It is such beautiful fabric, Young Lotus." She commented, "But if I may ask, why the sudden desire to create a new gi? There is nothing wrong with the uniform you have now."

Anirei smiled and gently pet her dragon, "There is a reason for a new uniform. I am at that age where I am to be growing. I just want to be prepared."

Anirei walked back to the Bounty on the outside of Ninjago City, where everyone was waiting for her to return.

"Hey, Rei, where have you been?" Lloyd asked as she boarded the ship.

"I simply wanted to pick up some fabric for a new gi." She answered and ran down to the room to begin working.

After making sure that no one would come in, she locked the door and reached into her bag, pulling out a few pieces of clothing and gently holding them in between her fingers, smiling softly at the light and dark colors.

"I promise to make you both proud." She said, taking a pair of scissors, and a the single drop of a tear from her eye, she drove the blades into the fabric and began creating her new uniform. One that she will wear with pride. 

In the corner, she glanced at the picture of her mother and father, their smiling faces silently telling her that everything was going to be okay.

~~~~

The sun rose again over Jamanakai Village, Lloyd looking out at the children below playing and having fun, while he was stuck on the Bounty's deck training.

"Lloyd? Lloyd!" Kai shouted, grabbing the boy's attention, "Concentrate."

"Now that the Bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively, but you'll have to focus." Zane said, "One more time."

"Ah, but we've been training all day." Lloyd groaned.

"It's all to get you ready to face your father." Cole said, "Now, in position."

Lloyd sighed and went to the middle of the deck, yawning and taking his position to begin training once again. The Ninja covered their faces with their hoods and prepared.

Kai started off first, jumping into the air for a flying attack. But Lloyd, with a lazy yawn, punched Kai back towards the rest of the group. Lloyd yawned again as Zane and Jay jumped into the air just as Kai did.

"Ninja-go!" Lloyd shouted, using Spinjitzu to knock the two ninja back. However the boy was distracted and didn't see Cole coming in for a behind sneak attack until it was too late and he was already flying through the air, landing on his face.

"Well, that was fun. Are we done?" Lloyd asked eagerly.

"Oh, come on, you're better than this." Jay said, "What's on your mind?"

"Well, ah..." Lloyd said as he stood up, "The latest issue of Starfarer just came in at Doomsday Comics, and it's a limited run so if I don't go out and get it, it's gonna sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donnegan was surrounded by the Imperial Sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets our all right, I think I might have my own doomsday!"