Chapter 10

Again a beautiful cover by the most sweetest and amazing reader of mine- _littlebitcrazy_
Thankyou very much dear❤️
________________

With an undivided attention over Nandini and her diverged assistance with packing her bag, Sheetal stayed quiet watching her with contemplation until calling out "That would be enough clothes to carry, beta."

Snapping out of trance, Nandini looked at the bag only to realise she has packed a little too much for a one day journey "Oh! I- I'll just put them back."

Seeing her hastily taking the clothes out of the bag and keep them in the almirah still with that stray look hover all over her face made Sheetal frown in concern before she chose to step into the matter "Nandini, beta leave that and sit here with me for a while."

As soon she sat, Sheetal smiled affectionately, a little frown still there between her eyes finding her simulating the smile before her "You know right I have always taken you as my daughter." Seeing her nod, her smile still not reaching her eyes, Sheetal smiled too but in disappointment "Than why is that even being stressed throughout the day you are not sharing it out with me? Am I not your mother enough to know what's bothering my daughter?"

Slightly surprised at being caught, Nandini quickly shook her head by grabbing Sheetal's hand "There is nothing like that, Maa."

Smiling lightly in perturbation, Sheetal patted her hand "Beta, I really don't want to involve but if it's about something related to Manik then I would just advice a few thing, Nandini."

Neither denying, nor uttering a word, Nandini stared Sheetal expectantly, hoping her guidance might be of some help to her "You kids have been through a lot. As much as Manik has been in distress, you've been too. I won't individualize any of your suffering. But beta, Manik had a very traumatic childhood. Nothing about his childhood was normal. And non of it is hidden from you. You are aware of how hard it has been for him to come all the way till here."

Blinking dismally, Nandini took her gaze down reminiscing all about the bygones while hearing Sheetal "I'm not telling you all as being his mother but a witness, beta. He had really fought his way, his inner demon, the conflict to get where he is now. To get where you reside."

Looking back at Sheetal, her eyes now holding a beam of tears, Nandini now started getting where Sheetal was getting toward "Manik never got to rejoice his childhood, Nandini. Neither could he enjoy his adulthood. Afterall, he was made to carry the responsibility of us and this house at such a young age that he forgot he also have a life to live."

"But now, trust me when I say he wants to have that life with you, where he can live and recollect whatever he has been missing throughout his time because you make him complete." As misty-eyed as her, Sheetal sniffed with a smile on her face "And there is nothing much he wants in his life more than you."

Overwhelmed within herself, Nandini finally let out a genuine little smile with the tear of emotions in her eyes. Caressing her head, Sheetal smiled "I know my son is still hard to deal with and as difficult to read as he has been always, but I also believe and trust my daughter who is herself as tough as my nut headed son is that she can handle whatever the matter is with ease."

Chuckling softly along with Sheetal, Nandini couldn't help but cocoon herself into her motherly warmth which Sheetal gladly welcomed with her open arms "I hope my words were of some help to you."

"It was, Maa. Thank you." Sheetal smiled softly "Anytime, beta. Just know I'm always there to scold my idiot of a son if ever he troubles you. Now go and sleep. It's already very late in the night."