Chapter 30

Nandini gripped the slab of the vanity, her gaze shy as she nibbled on her lips staring at herself.

"Nandu, Psst!" Blinking at herself, she grabbed her phone on hearing Sadhna from the other end "You there?"

"Ye-ah, bhabhi." She mumbled, her gaze contemplating as she heaved "But do I really need to do this?"

"Is that even a question? Of course, you've to. And what's there to shy? It's just a lingerie." Frowning at her phone, Nandini tugged at the loose end of the strap which falls off now and then.

"But bhabhi, it hardly ends till my thighs and don't get me started at the upper part. It goes down the valley and the strap, lord Shiva! It doesn't stay in one place."

She doesn't understand what is the need to wear such a thing which doesn't even cover her cleavage.

And that too even for her husband who is much more acquainted with her body than herself.

Moreover, why did she even comply with her bhabhi to wear it?

"Shush, Nandu! And listen up." Puckering her lips, she shuts up for Sadhna to speak "It's your honeymoon. I didn't gift it for you to not wear it. And there is an unsaid rule that a wife must wear lingerie on her honeymoon."

Grimacing at the absurd explanation Sadhna gave, Nandini shook her head in incredulity before grabbing a robe to wear over the black lacy thing "Your pregnancy mind is really high on something, bhabhi."

"I jinx you also get high like me after this night very soon. Why should I suffer alone?" Fastening on the robe, Nandini couldn't help but shut her eyes and pray to God to give her some patience to bear her bhabhi's nuisance "Just knock yourself up already, Nandu. If needed be rabbits for your whole honeymoon days-"

"I'm hanging up." Scowling, she hung up on her bhabhi and sighed.

She heard him knocking on the door to know her whereabouts and all she could say was "5 minutes", which soon turned to forty-five minutes as she stayed contemplating the piece of hardly defined clothing she was wearing to surprise him. 

If he have seen it all then what difference would it make to him? 

He has been, however, very much ready to take her to bed a moment ago when they both were soaked head to toe.

So now getting into such a flimsy dress doesn't makes any sense to her.

The tension between them was palpable that he would have taken her anyway.

Breathing heavily, Nandini chucked all the thoughts as now that she has the lingerie on she made up her mind to 'surprise him.'

Tiptoeing her way out, she raked her eyes around the room to trace him until she heard him conversing on the phone.

Bracing herself, she walked out into the living area to find him near the sliding door of the balcony, his back tensed as he pivoted on hearing the meek chime of her anklet, his face contoured to stiffness as he stared at her pointedly.

"You never mentioned Meera will be performing in the competition with Krish?"

Bewildered out by his sudden interrogation, her eyes flickering subtly at his stern demeanour, Nandini subsisted feebly "I- I forgot."

"Forgot?" Scoffing in disbelief, his lips set firmly, he ducked his head closer "And mind telling me what else have you forgotten to mention?"

"Manik, I just-"

"-yeah, tell me?" He nodded mockingly encouraging her, her hand now fisting on the robe feeling timid as he grunted under his baritone "What else are you hiding, Nandini?"