Chapter 12

"Meera, sweetheart get up. Dinner is set." Nandini called out looking over her shoulder while setting the table.

Meera, who was half dozing and half brooding whined still seated by the banister of the staircase "I don't want to. I'm sleepy...and very tired."

"Meera, beta have your dinner then sleep. No one is going to stop you." Sheetal wheedled while assisting Nandini around the table but nothing seemed to work on the sleepyhead until a definitive gruff piped up from behind "Meera, on the table. Now!"

That did the job as Meera soon found herself seated on the dining chair trying herself to be wide awake under her brother's watchful gaze but was failing miserably.

Nandini along with Sheetal suppressed their falling smile and nodded their head in ridicule as they served each with the dish however Meera sat drowsily with her drooping eyes picking on her chapatis.

Sighing softly, Nandini made her way to Meera and took the morsel from her before taking it to her mouth "Open up."

Smiling lethargically, she let her bhabhi feed her on which Manik pointed out "Meera, if your bhabhi feeds you how would she eat?"

"Why, are you jealous that she is feeding me not you?" Lips stretched humorless-ly, Manik outstare his sister who now seemed anything but sleepy "Oo! Look at him, bhabhi. How he is holding me at the gunpoint with those stares. Listen up, bhaiya. If you scold me, I'm going to report you to bhabhi."

"Shut it, Meera and use your hand instead of your mouth." Meddling with a feigned strictness, Sheetal chuckled along with Nandini who avoided looking at her man who most probably was trying to seek her attention "Nandini, beta you too sit down and have your dinner. Meera can eat by herself."

Meera seconded her mother with a blink of assurance to Nandini who smiled and sat down on the chair vacant beside Sheetal's, much to Manik's dismay who cleared up his throat to gain her attention but all did he got was a glass of water which Meera passed on with a smugness all over her face.

"Now that I am back from the ancestral temple-" Sheetal started bargaining the attention over the table "-you kids should plan up for a..erm..vacation or.. something."

"The term is honeymoon, Maa." Meera rectified with a keen interest over the topic making Nandini fluster whereas Sheetal sighed on the unabashed words of her daughter.

"I haven't thought of anything like that yet." Manik responded swallowing his morsel being totally unfazed with the subject as he darted his attention over his wife again "-but if Nandini has thought of a place, I won't have any issue."

Regarding him a fumbling glance, Nandini fluttered her gaze on the subject which he smoothly hurled upon her "I- I didn't."

"This duo are one of their own kind." Meera muttered nodding her head in disappointment which made her earn a warning from her mother "Meera!"

"Tch, what I mean is before bhabhi's gauna bhaiya use to be so impatient for her but now that they are together he didn't even plan for their 'honeymoon'? So disappointed." Meera explained in a highly dramatic displeasure sigh making Manik heave out an exasperation whereas Nandini could hardly hold upon her falling smile.

"If you are done then off you go. You have a college to attend next day." He dismissed making Meera pout but obey taking her plate to the kitchen sink to dispose it off.

"And about the subject, we'll let you know once we discuss." He informed giving a heed to his wife before wishing night to his mother and making his way upstairs.